Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The OA (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Gonna be out of town this weekend, but I may try to watch the first ep of S2 tonight.

Hopefully the S1 recap on Netflix is good. Or maybe I'll see if there's a good one on youtube.

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Excited to start S2 next week.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This show is nuts but I’m really enjoying s2 lol. Only 2 episodes in, but I’m almost getting a Lost feel???

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Hearing Sophie on the first episode of the new season had me hyped.

5. Enjoyed S2 quite a bit. Upon reflection, I probably feel more positively than I thought about S1. I think I love this show ha, despite it being all over the place. High concept and pretty inaccessible, but at it's core there's a story about belief in and connection with others that I find compelling.

Would definitely watch a S3, although I don't know what the viewership for this is like. Doesn't seem like a low budget show. I was surprised it even got a S2.

OotyPa likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This season has been so great so far. Love the visuals and the performances, and I’d love to see a playlist of all the featured songs. Its a hell of a soundtrack.

7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

this went bonkers and i really like it. definitely better than s1 for me

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

My thoughts at the end of s2 were that there BETTER be a season 3 lol.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Just finished episode 6 last night and I’m still not sure where this is going but I’m enjoying it. Who the hell is this FBI guy? Did I just forget his character or is he new?

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Loved it. Better than season 2. There was only one moment that was too weird for me, haha. Azrael, what the hell was that. and my sister and I laughed out loud when the tiny boxes opened up to little robots doing the movements. but other than that, loved the story. The actor that plays Karim is really good. He reminded me of Donald Glover in a way.

OotyPa likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

My mind is still blown from finishing this a couple days ago. I really enjoyed this season.

The interdimensional stuff reminds me of what Castle Rock was going for in its last few episodes but couldn't quite pull off. This show somehow DOES IT. I bought into it about 90% by the end (still some things that make me roll my eyes). I actually think the greatest thing they've done this season was acknowledge the absurdity of it.

Also amazing exploration of blind devotion and faith and whatnot... this aspect actually brought to mind The Leftovers.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just watched the first episode of season 2 and I feel so utterly lost. It’s been 2 1/2 years since I watched S1 so I’m having a super hard time remembering most things.

That said, episode was good.

OotyPa likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I recommend watching a Youtube recap or the one that Netflix offers. It also helps that the second season is wildly different and pulls off the meta thing it’s reaching for.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I did catch the Netflix recap before starting Season 2, but still a lot to sort out.

I'm through three episodes and am enjoying this FAR more than Season 1.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I preferred season 1 quite a bit to season 2 tbh.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m half way through S2 and feel it is a completely different show than S1 (which is a good thing).

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just finished S2. I loved this.

stayillogical and OotyPa like this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The PI in Season 2 was so good. I loved every moment of the season he was on screen. Really strange that Riz Ahmed was only in this for what, 45 seconds?

Really wondering if this will get a Season 3. Hasn't been picked up yet and there isn't a lot of buzz about this show.

19. This show is legit insane and I love it. Not many shows can leave me having no fucking clue is going on and yet be totally invested.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The Azrael scene takes this show to new planes of weird. Its amazing.

21. The :squid: scene made my jaw drop.

22. WHAT IS HAPPENING

Letterbomb31 and stayillogical like this.
  23. Holy fucking shit that ending.

:scream:

This season was bonkers in all the best ways. I immediately liked it more than the first season, and this better get a third season now.

And everyone needs to throw money at Brit Marling to keep coming up with cool shit.

24. Hah.

supernovagirl and OotyPa like this.
  25. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Don't wanna spoil the book, but the ending reminded me of a certain Stephen King book in the best way