Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The OA (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Dec 12, 2016.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched all of this and don't know how I feel about it haha. Feels like actually zero of the plot is dictated by logic...but I was entertained

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I still don't know exactly how I feel about this series. I was entertained and I guess that's enough. I'd give a second season a chance, but I could see this show going off the rails quick. I'm really waiting on more Stranger Things.

NewSurrender likes this.
  3. I did like the music in this show quite a bit.

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

This show didn't deliver on the concept.

5. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I watching this entire show in less than 24 hours. I've never done that before so it must have been doing something right.

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

OotyPa likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Renewed

Joe likes this.
  8. Yay? I'll watch it.

giphy (1).gif

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure if I will. And by that I mean, I'll watch it with a ton of reluctance.

Garrett L. likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I will watch it solely for the unintentional comedy of the moves in intense situations.

drewinseries and thebloodhound like this.
  11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Binged this last week. The moves were lame, sure, but I really enjoyed my time with it. Very excited at the prospect of season two going more insane and supernatural. I've watched just about all of Netflix's original series, and this is a favorite.

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Up to the middle of this and it gets really silly at parts but overall I'm thoroughly into it. Yeah it's not really realistic but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for it, the acting is pretty great and it's beautiful visually. Some of the writing is beautiful too

Excited to see what people are talking about for the ending

loudasallgetout likes this.
  13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I love this show. I think it's great and I can't wait for season 2. Not surprised by the mixed reactions to it tho, it can get pretty weird and I guess that would put some people off

14. It's time.

stayillogical likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Saw that this morning. Kinda bummed they made the big reveal through the trailer but still pumped. Season looks wild as hell.

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

omg i am so excited for this to come back but i’m banking on that Netflix recap because i don’t remember much of the finer points

OotyPa likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think I'm far enough removed from the first season that I'll pass on this.

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Huh. It’s on Netflix... You could always rewatch it or just watch a recap.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It feels like AGES since I watched S1. Actually forgot about this show.

20. Joe Mar 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2019)
    Definitely going to need a recap. S1 was messy and meandering but also ambitious and compelling in it's own way. It's one of those shows I remember enjoying but found it hard to recommend to people.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Same. There were parts that I thought were suspenseful and fantastic and then parts that were ridiculously bad.

Joe likes this.
  22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah, I remember the sex scene and the "sacred movements" were hilariously ridiculous. Not to say that the season wasn't a blast.

23. drewinseries

Drew

I enjoyed season 1 but yeah, the movements kind of lost me.

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

This was the first show that I watched in a single day.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone start Season 2 yet?