Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The OA (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Dec 12, 2016.

1. I think it looks interesting. Releases Friday, December 16th.

From Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, the visionary filmmakers behind Sound of My Voice and The East, comes a powerful, mind-bending tale about identity, human connection and the borders between life and death. The Netflix original series The OA is an odyssey in eight chapters produced in partnership with Plan B Entertainment, Netflix and Anonymous Content. The groundbreaking series offers audiences a singular experience that upends notions about what long-format stories can be.

[​IMG]

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm all in.

3. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Looks amazing. I'll need something this cool after Westworld.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw this released and watched the trailer. I'm definitely interested in this.

5. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Willing to give just about anything from Netflix a try nowadays. Looks good, really intriguing trailer. This should take up some time until Walking Dead starts again.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This show is so bizarre but I love it.

7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This looks really cool

8. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

First episode is really weird and at first it wasn't drawing me in, but halfway through on it gave me enough to continue.

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Ugh the end of the season is terrible

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Basically the entire run of the season the story felt like complete bullshit. I'm willing to suspend disbelief, but nothing about the story felt believable. If she was making the whole thing up, its hard to explain her regaining her sight though.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

So is this not worth watching?

12. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Thoughts on this anyone? Haven't started it yet and sussing out vibes.

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The last ten minutes of this was wild. I have no idea what to make of this show.

14. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I made it through episode 3 but then stopped. Not sure if I'll watch the rest. 'Travellers', a new Netflix series, is a much better show

15. Not sure how to feel about this overall. It's intriguing and enjoyable most of the time, but it didn't deliver on everything I wanted it to.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I watched an episode and a half (had to stop during 2nd episode when my son woke up from his nap). I thought it was just OK. I know it's too early to really judge it, but I'm not really jumping at the seams to continue watching.

17. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Finished it the other day. Ending was a bit odd, although I thought Brit Marling did a great job throughout. It's cool, and the cinematography's nice. Overall, I'd say maybe a 7.5/10. Some weird shit in there though that's just unnecessary.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just finished watching and thought overall it was very intriguing and worth watching but I'm not sold that it was any good. It's kind of hard to explain how I felt about it. There were parts of the series that were really good and parts of the series that were absolutely ridiculous. The ridiculousness kind of outweighed the parts that were really good.

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is where I'm at. I shouldn't have laughed through that final sequence... but I did. A lot.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I tried to watch the first episode, but it just felt off. The sex scene out of nowhere was kind of jarring.

Letterbomb31 and OotyPa like this.
  21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I watched the whole thing in less than 24 hours with a full night's sleep in the middle. I've never done that before. Completely captivating. Really enjoyed it but scratching my head at the ending.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Not sure how I feel about that ending. Am I supposed to understand what happened?

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I need a season 2.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm guessing it's Netflix's intention of giving it a Season 2, but I'm wondering how the views/reactions are. There hasn't been much critical acclaim on it (70% on RT, which is OK but nothing great and a 61 on metacritic) and it's only an 8.1 on imdb, which for a TV show, is again, just OK and it will probably only keep going down since it's so new and people are still voting (It was like an 8.7 for a while - so the rating has continued to drop).

I'd watch a Season 2, but if there wasn't one, I don't think I'd lose any sleep.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It was the kind of series that I would have been very happy with just one series. I know people have complained about the ending but I felt it fit.