Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "Not New Year's Resolutions/Life Goals" Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kiana, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This week I did not get stressed and get junk food on my lunch break. Hooray!!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Kiana

Ok so I'm being a good human and not eating junk for dinner even tho I considered it as a reward for not eating junk all week lol and my smoke alarm keeps going off whenever I open the oven to check on the food even tho there's no smoke!! And it's super embarrassing and I hope nobody nearby knows which apartment it is. I tried removing the battery but there's a backup and idk it's too much effort. This is what I get for being good THIS IS WHAT I GET

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Tfw you're a piece of shit and it hasn't even been a week whoops

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Kiana

Hey, goals take work and it's normal to have setbacks. Every setback is an opportunity to learn from it, figure out the triggers, and work to do better and overcome! It takes our whole lives for us to get this way and it takes our whole lives to learn to undo it. Don't be too hard on yourself!

EmmanuelSCastle and Zoshchenko like this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Thanks a lot, this is really encouraging. It's really easy to just take a setback and blow it up to be bigger than it is. It's hard to step back in an argument when you think you're right but sometimes that just isn't as important as trying be calm and supportive and I guess step one is prioritizing being supportive. I do know the specific trigger in this case but it's kind of unavoidable so I just have to learn to view it more neutrally I guess. Or smth.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'm doing terribly with the diet and exercise portions of my goals, but I'm doing really well with the reading and writing goals I've set. Starting to realize I got addicted to sugar and unhealthy levels of caffeine working retail this holiday season. I need to seriously detox from both--but it's going to suck so much.

7. Kiana

I had my first guitar lesson today. Was freaking out at first but it chilled midway and I got more comfortable. Gonna stop by his music shop this week and pick up some things to get srs! I think it will be good for me to practice and focus on something that isn't negative.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

soon you'll be doing this

9. Kiana

I am a lil bummed cause I was half hoping there'd be ppl my age in the class but there is not. Which is whatever cause I have friends who are older and they're awesome, but idk how much I can branch out and truly befriend like 70 year old men

10. Kiana

Hope everyone is doing well on any goals they have!

I have been sucking at practicing my guitar because I've been so busy this week. Gonna try to do better next week. Lately I've been getting home so late that I get ready for bed as soon as I get home. Gonna prioritize more next week. My next lesson is Tuesday and I was supposed to pick stuff up from the music store before then and I never did oop.

I've also been drinking more water lately and that has been going strong. I'm just under my daily recommended intake. I'm having a tough time drinking while I'm teaching so I'm not drinking much at all before like 1:30pm and then I have to try and play catch up! But I'm doing waaay better.

11. Kiana

I learned to play twinkle little star on my guitar tonight and my preschoolers are gonna think I'm so cooooool

muttley, Shrek, Turkeylegz and 2 others like this.
  12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’ve really dug into my fitness goals in the last couple weeks or so.

But I’m pretty saddened by how far I’ve dropped off the pace on writing and editing projects.

I’m getting better about moisturizing so maybe this is the year I finally wear sunscreen.

Shrek likes this.
  13. Kiana

I scheduled a doctor appointment for July. They have an app where I view all my stats and since I've started going there 6 or 7 years ago I've gained weight at every yearly checkup. My goal is by my July appointment to either maintain or lose a little from where I was last year

bachna84 likes this.
  14. scroopy.noopers

: (

Wow I'm actually following through with something that's crazy. And I'm not dead. Guess I'm not doing as bad as I thought.

Kiana likes this.
  15. Kiana

I'm bumping this thread to create monthly goals for myself. So November:

-Get take out less (target once a week and then less from there)
    -Exercise 2-3x weekly
    -Finish a book
    -Keep my house cleanerish

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. Kiana

Let's see how I did

Nope not doing any of these things

I did get my guitar eventually

Not doing any of these things

Never did this either lol

Still an overthinking mess!!

Ehhhhhhh kinda did this but mostly not

I did eventually stop by the music shop.... Like 1.5 years later

I actually did accomplish this and then gained it back and then some oop

17. Dog with a Blog

You fucking suck

18. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I think I've mentioned it in other threads before but one of my main goals in life is to write at least one novel, though I actually have several (incomplete) ideas and I plan on making something out of all of them. It's been a dream of mine since I was at least 13 or 14 and I've had varying degrees of success. So that's one long term goal.

Kiana likes this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I just want to lose weight and finally finish my album

20. Dog with a Blog