Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "Not New Year's Resolutions/Life Goals" Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kiana, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Kiana likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Thanks
    Thanks! I've def heard of the jet program which makes me feel better cause all these lil programs I've never heard of are stressing me out! I wish I would've taken classes in college but I had no idea what I wanted to do when I was in college. Meh.

Garrett L. and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I graduated college 7 years ago and I still don't know what I want to do lol

Preserved Moose likes this.
  4. Kiana

Me neither lol. Just stumbling thru life!

5. Kiana

So I still can't play the guitar and I'm gonna be honest I have not been trying. But I brought my guitar into my classroom today and they thought I was cool af. They were mesmerized. One even said "woah, you're a rockstar!" I told them the name of the guitar parts and how to tune it and let them all strum it. They decided we should study instruments and have a rock band. I brought some guitar books and sheet music and one found a picture of Joey Ramone and said he wanted to be him and asked if we could have a rock show. So tomorrow we're making homemade instruments and I'm gonna turn off the lights and get a light projector and we're gonna be a rock band. Band name pending.

So basically, this motivated me to actually learn to play so I can impress four year olds.

6. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Anyone had any success with some goals recently?

Kiana likes this.
  7. Kiana

I'm signing up for guitar lessons!

Nothing else yet tho.

8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

My main goals for 2018 are to stop correcting Americans on their pronunciation (herb has a god damn H in it people), to stop referring to how things are done back home and to talk with a more positive bent.

Lofty goals but trying to be a better person next year

Kiana likes this.
  9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

quit cigarettes for real
    budget
    make an album
    realistic tour
    visit europe

10. Kiana

I also really wanna have a goal to stop overthinking so much. Go outside my comfort zone and not care if I'm being 100% responsible and practical all the time. I'm actually going to a new year's party for the first time so I'm gonna kick the year off strong with that goal! I just wanna take more chances. Which, related, looked into the jet program. Wish I would've applied last fall to do it this upcoming summer! Maybe consider applying next fall. And then hopefully I'd come back after a year and move to the city! Or stay abroad if I love it!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm quitting soda. I wanna be handsome again.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

There must be another way
    Cause I believe in taking chances
    But who am I to say
    What a girl is to do?
    God, I need some answers
    What am I to do with my life?
    (You will find it out don't worry)
    How am I supposed to know what's right?
    (You just got to do it your way)
    I can't help the way I feel
    But my life has been so overprotected

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Other than moisturize, I'm doing everything that I need to be doing.

So I will be adding moisturizing to my list.

muttley likes this.
  14. Kiana

It's sad cause nobody has overprotected me except me lol!

What moisturizer will you be using? And add sunblock to the list if you haven't tbh!!

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I have around 5 containers of this heavy duty hand cream make out of oatmeal. That should last a good while, but for my arms, and face, I'm up for any suggestions!!

Oh, whenever I'm outside for more than 30 minutes during the day, I make sure to lather up on spf 50+ lol.

Kiana likes this.
  16. Kiana

I use a CeraVe moisturizer. It's in a big jar. It has been my fave, tho I know some ppl like their consistency a bit thinner but I love it. I need to be better about moisturizing my neck and arms. Been so laaaazy

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Since I've been eating low carb and doing cardio like 10 hours a week, my skin has gotten super flaky in dry in spots. Especially my face.

18. Jams

Trusted

I want to try and focus on bettering my mental health and overall health. I haven't been to the doctor or dentist in at least 10 years so I need to stop putting that off.
    I also want to start exercising more. I'm good about jogging basically every day, but I feel like my problem area is my stomach/hips so I want to focus on that more. Also try and cook more bc eating better will obviously help with this.

19. Kiana

I have some goals, but I think my only actual resolution is to not waste the year. To stop being complacent and letting life happen to me, and take control and try new things and skills. I have lots of anxiety and fear and I'm gonna try to push thru it

Garrett L., trevorshmevor and muttley like this.
  20. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Visit another country
    Make a serious effort at learning Spanish
    Spend more time outside (hiking, climbing, etc)

21. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Get my cholesterol back to a normal level. Because I ain’t going out like that.

muttley likes this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I've got to move on and be who I am
    I just don't belong here
    I hope you understand
    We might find our place in this world someday
    But as for now, I gotta go my own way

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

1. Shake the idea that the entire concept of self-improvement is a wholly senseless endeavour
    2. TBD

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

^same. I was often resistant to the idea of resolutions bc you should be able to start whenever but I feel like I can take a step back and admit to myself that it was just self sabotage or complacency. Nothing wrong with making an event of self improvement.

Gonna try to get into less arguments, esp get a handle on my whole hangry thing

Eat better -- ideally I'd like to lose 30 lbs but this is negotiable since I'm not sure if that's healthy (I'm currently at about 160 lbs)

Finish and refine more of the shit I like -- spend more time on writing or songs or photography or w/e as opposed to getting discouraged

Watch more films!! I love films and I feel like the stuff I love has taken a backseat to school lately

Similarly: read more for pleasure.

Stay on top of work instead of putting it off

I might elaborate on these later to have a plan but those are roughly the big goals

25. Kiana

signed up for guitar lessons. super anxious so I'm dreading it, but I paid $65 so I'm gonna go. I'm annoyed at myself because teens get free art classes and he thought I was a teen and I immediately corrected him and then was like wtf should've gone with it but I guess I'll contribute to the arts in the town!

no other goals being met at this time lol. I do wanna not get fast food this week. Which is sad cause just a year ago that would've been an easy goal for me but I've been so stressed lately that it's a miracle if I don't get junk food.