Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The "Not New Year's Resolutions/Life Goals" Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kiana, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This is a thread to post some goals you're working on in your life, either long-term or short. I think it'd be nice to have a year-round thread and not just a resolutions one cause we can set goals at any time! Then we can tag or quote each other to keep things accountable and root each other on, or offer advice/resources if we know of any. Basically to be a positive force! Apologies if there is already a thread like this. I could only find a resolutions one.

ComedownMachine and Garrett L. like this.
  2. Kiana

So I have all these interests I half ass and I rly wanna try to see them thru. I half ass them because I am scared to fail and have no confidence that I will be able to accomplish them so I'm like, what's the point of trying? But I need to stop being a flop and attempt to reach a goal in my life. My three goals I want to accomplish eventually in my life are

1. Play guitar
    2. Learn sfx makeup
    3. Learn spanish

If I ever come in here or any other thread whining about how I can't do it and am giving up I need someone to reach thru the screen and hold me accountable!!!

3. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

4. Kiana Nov 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 24, 2017)
    Kiana

I completely forgot I made this thread last night haha

I'm gonna get my guitar from my dad's house as my step one. A natural first step to playing the guitar seems like having one around in the first place!

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

guitar is a big one for me as well, but now that i live in an apartment building i worry i'd make to much noise

i wanna get better at pyrography. i did one big project blind that went much better than it had any right to and i want to get better. love the smell too lol

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I need to start working on novel #3 once the holiday retail craze slows.

And operation look good shirtless.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. Kiana

I didn't know that was called pyrography! I had a friend in my art class in high school who did that and it was so cool! What project did you do before

electro haikus likes this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

my ex was big into Dungeons and Dragons. there is a lot of stuff that the person hosting the game has to hide from the other players to keep it fun, and there are "screens" for that, usually tri-fold walls made out of plastic. i made a big old wooden one and emblazoned nerdy stuff on it for our first anniversary. wish i had pictures still lol

Kiana likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I'm currently 190 pounds, I want to be 180 by the end of the year and overall goal is 160

I need to drop my album + EP in 2018 (and get my dream live set up)

I want to get far better at piano

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I wanna write more music. Ideally I’d like to start a two person project

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Very into this thread. I often have thoughts about things I want to do but they always stay in my head and I don't write them down or think about how to actualize them, so I'm going to take some time today or tomorrow and write out my goals!

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

- Graduate
    - Work on Novel #1
    - Finish Pilot #1
    - Get paid to write
    - Get better at guitar/bass/singing
    - Learn Spanish
    - Travel more
    - Finish writing an album
    - Go to the doctor
    - Improve mental health
    - Develop social skills beyond puns
    - Cut down on waste
    - Establish some form of workout routine
    - Figure out where I wanna live

Garrett L., Dirty Sanchez and Kiana like this.
  13. Kiana

Ooh figure out where I wanna live is a good one. Well I know where I'd like to live if I made a lot more money but that doesn't help me lol

Also I forgot to get my guitar. For any musicians in here, what's a reasonable amount of time to practice guitar a day? I work about 8-10 hours a weekday so I want to be realistic about the time I have available. I can't afford formal lessons at this time. Hoping I can soon but I still wanna work on it until then

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I usually do 30 minutes or so after I get home from work on the weekdays. Usually an hour or so on the weekend.

Kiana likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

-for me it's the idea of finding a hobby without that being a stressful thing for me, or saying "okay what do normal people do? people seem to like crocheting but idk if that's for me",I don't know what my hobby would be

-also moving out on my own and figuring out what I want out of life in general and actually living it hey hey hey hey
    [​IMG]

dylan likes this.
  16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I was worried about this too but if you are on electric a lot of amps have headphone slots. I also mostly play my electric without an amp. Starting guitar has been the most fulfilling thing I've done in years.

Kiana likes this.
  17. Kiana

I think my biggest setback with guitar is that I have issues like mirroring someone's actions. I have the same issue with sign language. If someone is signing and they're facing me, I mimick the sign backwards or upside down or all weird. I had the same issue the first time I took guitar lessons years ago. I struggled to match the instructors finger placements and I was so shy and insecure and awkward back then that I just gave up. I think I expected to be like a prodigy right away and got a reality check when I realized I was not lol.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Mine was the opposite problem: people refused to believe left-handed people exist lol. It's why I never learned violin. They kept making me play as a righty.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. Kiana

I think that's part of my problem tho. I think it was my deal trying to learn sign language too, that i would have right handed people signing to me but I'd have to sign with my left and sometimes the movements are different based on which hand is ur dominant and I'd get so confused and mixed up. Then I feel stupid and confused and don't wanna do it anymore. I don't have a left handed guitar tho so idk how much of a difference that makes.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The greatest guitar player of all time was left handed!

Jimi

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Kiana

"I've got that lefty curse
    Where everything I do is flipped
    And awkwardly reversed"

I blame like 40% of my problems on this ngl lol.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. kassie09

Regular

•get in the best shape of my life
    •Maintain a 3.5 or above in grad school
    •be less of a bitch
    •keep up my skin care routine!

23. Dog with a Blog

I need to form better study habits so I can do better in school.
    Fairly cliche, but I'd like to be in better shape. I plan on visiting my hometown in May and I want to look good

Be on this website less, lol

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

CarpetElf and Bloodsucker II like this.
  25. scroopy.noopers

: (

-Delete accounts/apps for meetups
    -Work out, eat more, and get to a healthy weight
    -Don't die

CarpetElf and Bloodsucker II like this.