Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The NJPP Archives

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The NJPP Archives are attempting to archive a bunch of music, videos, and flyers from a specific era of “New Jersey Pop Punk.” There’s some really interesting stuff on here worth looking at, including:

And quite a bit more. It’s pretty nuts scrolling through this list and seeing so many great bands.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Oh my GOD that Days Away EP - I've been looking to give that another listen after all these years. YES.

jpmalone4 and Josh Chavez like this.
  3. Josh Chavez

formerly cool

Came here to say the same thing. This brings back such great memories.

4. rbf737

Regular

I think I first heard Days Away after reading about them on this website in 2004ish; been following them through Good Old War ever since. I do miss DA tho, but Good Old War is a great replacement. Also, this NJPP is a great resource. Did a quick test and searched for Face First (later became Houston Calls), was not disappointed. Good stuff.

5. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Wish there was something like this for Chicago bands.

Former Planets and kpatrickwood like this.
  6. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Well my work day is now fucked. Glad it's Friday anyway.

7. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

This is awesome. Anybody else notice that the intro on "Theme Song of the Night Flyers" is the same intro of BN's "The Shower Scene"?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. CampfireColorado

Regular

Me too! That ep is so good!

Josh Chavez likes this.
  9. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Man - after digging into this a little, this is such an incredible resource. Kudos to those that put this together.

10. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Thanks for sharing

11. tobytobes

Regular

This was most of my childhood punk shows! I was friends with a bunch of these bands here and there, and I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of those comps on CDs still.

This makes me extremely happy :)

EDIT - OH MY GOD THEY HAVE SPINDLE SONGS ON HERE! :D -
    - This was my jam!

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

This is so cool, I'll definitely have to a dig through this when I have some free time.

13. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Didn't realize there was so much pre-gaslight Fallon stuff. The "Cincinnati Rail Tie" EP is solid as heck.

14. xburningcoffin

KC

Thanks!! Gonna keep digging into this for awhile

15. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Great list but they need some A True Story and Emma (GunsLikeGirls)! I am beyond stoked they have a clear, non-MySpace version of The Castaway by The Escape Engine!

Speaking of MySpace, I still can't find a good quality version of Madison's "My Space Is Your Space". Just the music video version but it's still a catchy song!

16. marceting

Trusted

Jersey >

Behind the Barricade likes this.
  17. marceting

Trusted

There's an entire Madison album on Spotify. I spin it from time to time for old times sake.

18. buckcheeks Jul 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2017)
    buckcheeks

Regular

I completely forgot about some of these bands and songs. Tokyo Rose, The June Spirit...

Best of Both Worlds by Feeling Left Out.

So many memories here..

Bayside 182 likes this.
  19. Derek

Get stung

A true story and emma were my local shows every weekend at the lyndhurst KOC

20. Derek

Get stung

One of the best nj local shows as a teen (If I remember correctly) was escape engine, number 12 and the sleeping.

21. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Totally forgot about the June Spirit.......this thing is amazing, I'm reliving the early 2000's

22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Holy shit not heard of Madison in years! They had an unreleased album didn't they?

23. aerials

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING
    Also, heads up: They have the June Spirit's first demo when ACE ENDERS was their lead singer. I've been looking for this damn demo for the last 10 years since my harddrive with it crashed.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Behind the Barricade

Damn, I have to check that out!

marceting likes this.
  25. Behind the Barricade

I was there every weekend man! It got to the point where Kevin Kane knew my name. I was also at that show with The Sleeping/The Escape Engine/Foly/The Number Twelve. That was the show where The Number 12 brought out a cake and bagels and randomly threw it at people. It was one of the most chaotic things I've ever seen.