Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore (Comedy Central)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Larry David, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I personally prefer this to the Daily show with Trevor Noah and watch it every night. I love the panel setup and feel like it's really blossomed in its second season.

2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Panels were far too disorderly for my tastes to continue beyond the first few weeks of the show's inception.

Far too often there would be a guest or two who would derail the conversation or play everyman and scoff off any serious discussion to an infuriating extent.

3. Larry David

Have you watched it since? They moved it from 5 down to 4(including Larry)with only one guest per night, with the other two with Larry and the guest being two correspondents

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Will check this out, been looking for other quality late night besides Oliver and Maher

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I really like it, the fact that he gives POC and especially WOC a voice is so refreshing, especially the Hash It Out segment

6. Larry David

This is third to those two, and on 4 nights a week!

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

8. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

I really, really didn't find this show or Larry Wilmore very funny. Wondering what direction they'll go in now.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I still watch The Daily Show every morning, and I'm not even sure why. I wonder how invested they are in keeping that afloat.

10. Morrissey

Trusted

I never watched The Daily Show when it was on, but I would watch the viral videos that sounded interesting. I have seen maybe two such videos from Noah or Wilmore. On the other hand, Oliver-Bee-Maher are doing terrific work.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I was never too into this, but I would flip it on every once in a while. I don't watch the Daily Show as much as I did when Jon was hosting, but I think Trevor does a solid job. I love Oliver and Bee as well, but I can't stand Maher.

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Gonna miss this show.

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Thought this was pretty alright. Didn't follow it like I do Oliver and Maher but it was fine when I caught it. Either way, think it's pretty stupid that a show has to be successful on social media to stay afloat

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, if Community fans could read this post right now.

15. Larry David

So upset by the news. I hope Larry finds some way to keep this cast together in some way. The question is do they replace him, or only keep the Daily Show?

16. Morrissey

Trusted

Just show South Park reruns every night for two hours.

Joel likes this.
  17. I couldn't get into this show and never watched it, but I was still surprised by the news. I was under the impression it was doing well.

18. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I miss this show.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Same. It's needed now more than ever.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and muttley like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Plus, this show was really starting to find itself and hit its stride right before it was cancelled.

chewbacca110 and truelovewaits like this.
  21. Larry David

Was definitely peaking when it was canceled

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Great news. I'd love to see Larry back on television, but the Ringer is great and he should be a solid edition.

23. Larry David

Never listened to podcasts before. Guess I have a reason now!

aoftbsten likes this.