Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Night Of (HBO) TV Show • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 13, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I remember it, that's what I was confused about the scene with Detective Box. Unless he was telling the truth that he really did have no idea what Stone was talking about.

2. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

3. airik625

Also gotta say that Stone absolutely crushed his closing argument. That was impressive.

brentkid likes this.
  4. brentkid

Regular

Watched the finale last night and really enjoyed it. Series as a whole was one of the best things I've seen this summer. Definitely some shortcomings, such as the show having some trouble with defining its own identity, as well as some head-scratching plot points (the kiss?). Overall, I was glued to every minute of this and really appreciate the performances most of the cast delivered.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Havent seen the finale, though my wife did. Ill get to it.

6. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Yeah, loved that, along with Naz's reaction to it.

7. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

There was one part about it that made me question as to whether the cat mattered more. He found it outside of her house and then he let it in. The next time they were there with the pathologist the cat was somehow stuck outside again. It gave me reason to believe that someone revisted the house when the cops weren't there.

8. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

When Freddy first got that CD, I immediately assumed it was video of him getting drugs from Chandra, and that he would think Naz was betraying him.

EngineDown likes this.
  9. Kyle is hk

Here's one thing I don't understand- if Ray was the killer, why would he help point the detectives in the direction of the Stepfather? Wouldn't he want to just steer clear of it all if there's already a slam dunk case against Naz?

EngineDown likes this.
  10. Kyle is hk

I'm bad at putting all my thoughts in 1 post...

I'm really curious why HBO gave True Detective and this 8 episodes, while their other "one off" Show Me a Hero got only 6. Of the 3, Show Me a Hero probably could have benefited from the 2 extra hours the most (though it was still as good if not better than this IMO).

11. airik625

Yeah you would think so. I'm assuming they just used his character to divulge all the information about the Stepfather.

12. John Turturro deserves Emmys and Golden Globes and all of the awards out there for the finale.

His character and Detective Box are two of my favorite characters in anything in a long time.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  13. Such a great finale and season. I was on the edge of my seat and absolutely loved it.

14. EngineDown

Going to be interesting to see how HBO pitches this come award season. Loved torturro and camp's performances but if they're up again David Harbour or Sterling Brown ... I mean, nice try.

15. brentkid

Regular

Can't speak to Brown but I'd take Torturro over Harbour easily, and I really enjoyed him in Stranger Things (Unless he's in something else I'm missing).

16. EngineDown

Nah, just that. Idk. I'd take the episode where he discusses after his daughter died with Winnona, the scene where he calls his ex wife, and the final episode over anything from torturro this season, who i loved

17. fronkensteen

Trusted

Stranger Things was good, but The Night Of and Torturro are better than anything that show did.

marceting and Kyle is hk like this.
  18. EngineDown

i liked this a lot but it isn't anywhere near as consistent or on the same level as stranger things, which has pretty clearly been the show of the summer.

19. brentkid

Regular

Different strokes.. I enjoyed Stranger Things but I don't think it's in any conversation alongside The Night Of for me personally.

20. EngineDown

nothing in ST was as hamfisted as the foot stuff, the kiss, the drug smuggling, or the multiple red herrings with the different potential perps. not to mention the finale.

the show was remarkably consistent. it probably won't get the same amount of awards bc of the fact that sci-fi vs. crime drama is an easy decision for most critics. that being said, the buzz for both across the board of demographics isn't really comparable.

21. fronkensteen

Trusted

Stranger Things was consistently good, but never great.

Kyle is hk likes this.
  22. EngineDown

quit foolin

23. fronkensteen

Trusted

Haha, I'm for real man! I thought it was a good show, but not nearly as AMAZING!!!!! as some people are saying.

It taps into a lot of nostalgia and has a pretty intriguing story, but it doesn't have lasting power to me. Like, I doubt I'll ever watch season one again.

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You'll watch this again?

25. fronkensteen

Trusted

Probably not, but I would rather watch this again than Stranger Things.