Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Night Of (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Starring John Turturro and Riz Ahmed, and directed by Zaillian from teleplays by Price and Zaillian, THE NIGHT OF delves into the intricacies of a complex New York City murder case with cultural and political overtones. The story examines the police investigation, the legal proceedings, the criminal justice system and the feral purgatory of Rikers Island, where the accused await trial for felony crimes.

The 90-minute premiere of The Night Of airs on Sunday, July 10th at 10 pm ET/PT.

2. Night Channels

Trusted

The first episode is available early on HBO Go. It's fantastic.

Mr. Serotonin and popdisaster00 like this.
  3. Yeah, I loved the first episode. Interesting characters and a great setup for the rest of the show.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Dug this, how they drag out some of these scenes is really captivating. Hell yeah to J.D. Williams being in this as well, can't wait for Omar lol

5. brentkid

Regular

Yup. All in on this. Watched the first ep last night.

6. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Will watch this tonight!

7. dash64

This is my design

I really liked the first episode, and want to show it to family/friends but I already know some of them are going to call the main character "stupid" for some of the decisions he makes and get frustrated.

8. This is awesome. It really is a great portrayal so far on how the justice system works here in the US and how fucked/half-assed it can be. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This first episode blew me away. Such a good job of capturing the right emotions at the right moments. Damn.

10. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

amazing premiere

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Nice first episode

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh man I'm definitely gonna be addicted to this.

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

holy balls that was fucking amazing. hoookeD!

oldjersey likes this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Totally in. Didn't know anything about this and 20 minutes into the first episode I knew I was gonna love it.

15. So do we think there is any other explanation other than the main guy doing it or the guys that made those terrorism remarks?

Also, I would assume things like the botched chain of custody will come up later on to hurt the case against the guy

16. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Really enjoyed the first episode. Will be tuning in.

17. Really into the first episode. I'm 100% hooked.

18. Just watched the first episode. Holy shit. That was intense.

19. VincewithoutheE Jul 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2016)
    Yeah the way they shot and zoomed in on the other guy staring down the main character and the girl definitely planted that seed. Especially since when the detective questioned the guy taken in and asked if he was alone, then paused and said he was alone. Something is up with that.

It may. Or it may not. Which is what I love about this show already. Like I said before, it showed how botched the justice system can be here.

20. The guy at the gas station had a similar moment where it zoomed in on him. He could've followed them to her apartment.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but the guy at the gas station was pissed cuz of the cigarette. I didn't really look into him any further than that, but it's possible he had something to do with it. The second guy that was walking with the "terrorist comment" guy though, he's shady af

22. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Definitely not ruling out that Naz actually did do it. Do you guys think that we've already met whoever murdered the girl?

23. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

This was super tense

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Enjoyable second episode. Exactly what a second episode should be. Great set up after the initial introduction. Blah blah blah. I still am very intrigued.

25. chrisstahl

Newbie Prestigious

This show is incredible.