Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Night Game - The Night Game (September 7, 2018) Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Nov 16, 2017.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Summerland is probably my favorite.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

When I say that this "genre" is typically not my favorite, I don't mean it in a condescending way. I just have never really had an affection for this type of music - I have always leaned a little bit more towards the alternative/pop-punk type musical composition. With that being said, let this album be an introduction into this overall scope of music for me.

I have played this record multiple times per day every single day for the past five days. I think the review by @Jason Tate summed up the overall vibe incredibly well. So often when listening to these songs I am transplanted back to younger days that are still so fresh in my memory, yet so far away in terms of my day to day life. This record does an incredible job of bringing me back there.

I love it.

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Coffee and Cigs for me.

Any baseball fans out there here the track looping in the background? Announcer says the names "Cairo" and "Bellhorn" which dates that clip back to at least 2005.

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

coffee and cigarettes, as simple as it gets

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Kids in Love is also awesome.

6. [removed] Sep 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2018)
    [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I think i finally figured out what Back In The Van reminds me of. Something off Fun.’s first album. I also think it should have been a hidden track with Kids in Love as the closer.

7. Ellite25

Regular

I love this song. Also, given what I’ve been going through the last couple months I really appreciate the lyrics.

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. chelsealouanne

Regular

Anyone miss out on this stream? It's dreamy, and heavily on repeat.

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

WHAT STREAM!?

10. chelsealouanne Sep 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2018)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

I was so excited, I forgot to paste the link. Enjoy!

Also, I really need a live version of "Summerland".

11. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Oooh, can't wait to watch this.

12. morken

Another great full concert from their European tour. Very good sound on this one.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. chelsealouanne

Regular

I just found this one yesterday! I love how many professional full sets we have been getting. Such a treat! I need The Night Game to come to Canada ASAP.

14. morken

Too bad Kirin isn't touring with them though, the sets would've been even more amazing.

Mr. Serotonin and beachdude like this.
  15. chelsealouanne

Regular

I know! I was so confused when I didn't see him in the recent footage.

16. midnightxtaylor

Regular

After missing their first two shows in Portland, I FINALLY made it out to one last night and they completely stole the show. Can not recommend it enough if they're in your city. Also, Martin is a tornado when you talk to him, wow. I feel like the times I talked to him 10-11 years ago he was pretty quiet/reserved?

beachdude and Jason Tate like this.
  17. chelsealouanne

Regular

I'd love to hear more of your meeting with Martin! And glad you enjoyed the show! I haven't caught up on updates since the EU dates, and probably will get to that soon.

beachdude likes this.
  18. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm not even sure how to explain it, but I feel like most artists are almost formal when talking with fans? But the first thing he did when I walked up was touch my hair and start inspecting/admiring (still not sure what he was doing) my jacket. Then I showed him the first photo we took together in 2007 and he grabbed my phone and started calculating exactly how long ago it was taken before handing it off to a random guy to recreate the exact photo (we ended up taking like 6 before he was satisfied). He was also touching other people's clothing and approaching people rather than waiting for them to come up and start the conversation. None of this is meant to come off as a bad thing, he was very nice to everyone, I just have not experienced this with anyone else and I am a shy person so it really threw me off!

beachdude and chelsealouanne like this.
  19. chelsealouanne

Regular

I love that about him! I would be thrown off, too, but those moments are the ones you will remember most; when they try to connect with you on a more personal level, and being comfortable in doing, so, too. I'm sure your photo turned out just as great as they story you shared!

beachdude likes this.
  20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely fantastic in MI!

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This album had dropped off my radar for a little bit due to so many good releases, but holy hell this is back in heavy rotation for me. I adore this record so much.

I still think the “Die A Little” - “Summerland” - “Coffee And Cigarettes” stretch is one of the best 3 song runs on anything released this year

22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Agree. The album should've ended with Coffee and Cigarettes though

Larry David likes this.
  23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’M GETTING BACK IN THE VAN
    I’M HEADING OUT ON THE HIGHWAAAYYYY

I will defend that song forever I don’t care :crylaugh:

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

“Back In The Van” got underrated because C&C works so well as a closer. Would love them to explore that sound on the next album... we’ve got a big hole in the world for music that sounds like this. Honestly, it wouldn’t be out of place at all in fun’s discography if Nate Ruess covered this.

25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The song is fine but it shouldn’t close the record

Larry David likes this.