Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Night Game - The Night Game (September 7, 2018) Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Nov 16, 2017.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Really wish I could get into these songs, this should be right up my alley. Tried again because of your write up, @Jason Tate, which was great.

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  2. Thanks for reading!

beachdude42 and jkauf like this.
  3. When it comes out give the back half a try and see if it grabs you.

4. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I think you single-handedly increased the awareness for this band tenfold with your think piece Jason. Almost every comment seems to be from people who've never heard of The Night Game.

5. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Are any of the songs on the album upbeat like Bad Girls Don't Cry / The Outfield?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

DRIP DRIP

morken likes this.
  7. morken

About to press play on this. Overtime work tonight just got a whole lot better.

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Well this is incredible. Die a Little was a big standout, it definitely lives up to the live version and I got chills on first listen.

I’m actually gonna disagree with Jason and say that I really enjoy Back In the Van. I look at it as, if this album is a movie, Coffee and Cigarettes is the closing scene and Back In the Van is the credits music. I think it’s a nice coda to the album and shows that even though the heartbreak and loss recurring throughout so much of the album is a part of life, ultimately it’s worth it to keep trying and embrace the struggle of it all. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but that’s what I got from its placement as the closing track.

9. morken

Still only on track 4, but listening on this in full quality with my MDR-7506's really makes the impeccable production shine. I'm hearing details I didn't even know about on these tracks I've already played to death.

Jason Tate and beachdude42 like this.
  10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I actually like Back In The Van a lot haha. It’s cheesy as hell but I dig it. Also, Kids In Love not being on this is insane.

beachdude42 and Jason Tate like this.
  11. morken

Being born in 1985, I never really got to “grow up” in the 80’s. But as I reached a certain age, the decade started to fascinate me. There was something special about the movies and the music coming out of that era, and the real magic happened when the two were combined, like the John Hughes movies we all know. After a while, punk rock/pop punk took over (thanks, Jason) and I forgot about my love for the 80’s for a while.

This love started to resurface again when The 1975 slowly and methodically gave us hints of their eighties influence, and Heart Out in particular kickstarted a new craving for anything remotely connected to that era. (see LANY, Japanese House, Fickle Friends, Dive In, Port Isla, St. Lucia, The Runaway Club, Magic Man etc. etc.)

I feel this album manages to combine all those sounds and feelings – the movie-like atmosphere, the nostalgic storytelling of growing up and falling in love – all baked in shimmering chorus guitars and wonderful production. I can’t wait to get lost in this album with a beer and a sunset.

12. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Great write-up @Jason Tate. Excited for you to do a few more this month.

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Diving in for a first listen! Excited about this one.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This is great. "Do You Think About Us?" might be my favourite song I've heard all year.

15. morken

I like that the latest story on The Night Game’s Instagram is a link to Jason’s review.

16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah I can't wait to dive into this album in the morning...will report back my thoughts.

17. chelsealouanne

Regular

I have to wait 'til about 10pm when I'm home from work tomorrow. :verysad: It's so ~ far away!

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Album does seem to drop off a bit on the back third

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m gonna have to give this more tries. On first listen I really liked The Outfield, Do You Think About Us, and Die a Little, but that’s kinda it. I do appreciate the themes it’s tackling, and Jason’s write up makes me want to like it a lot more, so I’ll definitely be coming back a lot.

20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, I’m definitely feeling this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. My favorite part. :shrug:

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Sooo weird how something that sounds amazing to one person, can sound just ehhhh to another person. I'll be giving the album a few more run-throughs today at work

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

This album is amazing. I love "Summerland".

Jason Tate and earthlight like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Happy Night Game day :cake:

Larry David and beachdude like this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I shall listen

Mr. Serotonin likes this.