Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Newsroom (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Newsroom is an American television political drama series created and principally written by Aaron Sorkin that premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012, and concluded on December 14, 2014, consisting of 25 episodes over three seasons. The series chronicles the behind-the-scenes events at the fictional Atlantis Cable News (ACN) channel. It features an ensemble cast including Jeff Daniels as anchor Will McAvoy, who, together with his staff, sets out to put on a news show "in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements". Other cast members include Emily Mortimer, John Gallagher, Jr.,Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Dev Patel, Olivia Munn, and Sam Waterston.

2. Garrett

I'm criminally late to this series (finishing up season two right now) and want a place to discuss it once I'm finished.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Been meaning to watch this

4. Garrett

Finished this earlier this evening. The third season was criminally short, but intense and emotional throughout. Really wish this show had longer legs, especially in regards to our current political climate and this presidential race.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. loveisarisk

Regular

God damn this was a good show.

Jason Tate and Garrett L. like this.
  6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Nah, it was ass.

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Miss you, Sloan.

Garrett L. likes this.