Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The New Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums List • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Sep 22, 2020.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I...what the fuck lol?

2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

have to assume Rob Sheffield threatened to quit RS if they didn't put an album by his beloved HS on the list lol

3. It wasn't even the best effort by a former Directioner in the past 12 months lmao

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Imagine listening to the new Harry Styles album and then listening to Suicide's S/T and being like..."yeah Harry Styles is doing some great shit on here, this is better!"

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Only 1 Cure album stinks. Wish the Violent Femmes were on here. Idk why my mind immediately went to them, but was bummed not to see the S/T on there

6. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"yes, Harry Styles' album Fine Line is better than any album ever released from Brazil, Japan, or India"

I shouldn't pick on just Harry, I have no real problem with him it's just funny

It makes sense irt who is voting on this thing but stuff like that and the absence of jazz beyond the token Coltrane, Mingus, and Davis picks makes me wish they would have just excluded the genre entirely

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

really enjoying your posts as you scroll through the list and get more and more frustrated

ItsAndrew, Aregala and OhTheWater like this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hahahahaha it's confusing me more and more as I read

Leftandleaving likes this.
    Mary V, ItsAndrew and Anna Acosta like this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm listening to the Armani Ceasar album right now for the first time and it is without a doubt better than probably 20 of the newer albums they threw on this list!

jdr2187 likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It'd be very interesting if someone compiled a list of the albums that got the boot

12. JM95

Trusted

13. only 4 albums from 2018+ on the list

14. it just think it sucks that there are no bylines

Mary V and Anna Acosta like this.
  15. yeah because if you're including greatest hits then the Killers greatest hits record is obviously #1 on here

heymattrick likes this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I refuse to let myself get worked up over this bullshit.

JM95 likes this.
  17. JM95

Trusted

Seriously, I want to see Robert Smith's top 50.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Only AP- adjacent artists I see are MCR (which is cool!) and Green Day.

Contender likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Is Pinkerton underrated again?

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I saw Prince: Dirty and thought it said "Prince Daddy" and I got so excited

Justin Roux and Elder Lightning like this.
  21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

If You're Reading This... being on there is hilarious. Same with that Harry Styles album.

Mary V and Leftandleaving like this.
  22. cherrywaves

Trusted

I would put maybe one Drake album on here, if that. The idea of a Harry Styles record from less than a year ago being on here is absolutely insane. That Lana Del Rey record from last year was obscenely boring. Also there's no Tupac beyond 430 which is sort of weird?

OhTheWater likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Honestly I think there should be a cutoff point for lists like these. There's absolutely no reason for an album from 2019 to be on here, or even 2018. I would certainly hear an argument for having no records on here past 2015.

Mary V, Leftandleaving and OhTheWater like this.
  24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Edited the OP with the full list, if you don't want to go click through Rolling Stone's bullshit.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The only album that can even sniff the list from 2015-2020 is TPAB, and I have some qualms with it being as high as it is.

Steeeve Perry likes this.