Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The New Mutants (Josh Boone, April 13 2018) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 11, 2017.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

hopefully its sooner than later

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

aw man

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

shit makes me even more worried they'll do the same thing to the king's man

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

poor Anya

6. tvck

Trusted

Appears to have been an accidental posting. No longer up

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Cannot believe they aren't just dumping this on Disney+ at this point

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the first trailer came out two and a half years ago

Contender likes this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I remember there being some discussion about contracts possibly preventing it from going to streaming because it has to be in theaters first. Maybe they’re just dumping it in August and won’t care if most audiences haven’t returned to theaters yet just to satisfy the contract and put it to rest for good.

Tim likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Just release it on Disney+

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yep, don't think I've heard anything new since seeing this floating around the web:
    If they were allowed to put it on one of their streaming platforms, I imagine they'd have announced as much already, as an easy way to create new content for subscribers. But, there's still that HBO contract. And, seeing as they let their Marvel, Star Wars, etc., films expire on Netflix instead of trying to buy those back, I highly doubt they'd wanna buy back New Mutants.

Saving it for whenever theaters open up again, as a canary in the coalmine, honestly makes a ton of sense.

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

If it is just contracts then this move makes sense. Who cares if there’s like 20% of theaters open and running at limited capacity. Dump it in theaters to fulfill the contractual obligation so they can get it on to VOD faster

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

see ya then!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

maybe the virus will mysteriously disappear when this finally releases

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’d be fine with it. It’s been nearly 3 years since the first trailer dropped. Release the film and let it be put to rest.

Jdaniels and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lmao I've been saying they should do that since December

20. Tim

In a vacuum, I still think Hulu would've made more sense than Disney+ for this project. And, if the rumored Fox/HBO contract issue was real, I also still think this isn't a movie isn't worth negociating that for under normal circumstances.

But, of course, Hollywood is still fucked & nowhere near getting unfucked, lol. So, yeah, sure. Especially after the Hamilton success, & especially after going over a year without a Marvel Comics film. Get that Disney+ traffic from this poor little film. I'm certainly eager to finally see it.

(On a related note, I wonder at what point they'll put Mulan on there. Is there a reality where that one gets a theatrical release in China but a Disney+ release here in the states?)

Jdaniels, coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I see a reality in which China gets a Mulan theatrical release while the US gets Disney+ and I would 100% be for it. I'd feel much better streaming the film from a $7/mo service than paying $15 at a theatre.

Jdaniels likes this.
  22. Tim

Sounds like they are still sticking with that August release date for now. Love that they're all (at least on camera) being good sports about all these shifting dates.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

New footage at the end looks so good! It’s a shame this movie is never gonna come out

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The trailer looks great. Demon Bear looks as bizarre as I hoped.

25. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That absolutely terrible acting from the dad aside, this looks good. Anya as Magik is such perfect casting it's a shame this'll likely be her only movie in the role