Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The New Mutants (Josh Boone, April 13 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 11, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The original series is set in Xavier's school and is basically just a younger X-Men book, so being familiar with the comics wouldn't really help that much at this juncture.

2. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Whoa, count me all the way in after that trailer. This is the kind of superhero movie I want!! Gonna start reading the books ASAP now.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The more I watch the trailer the more I think what's going on.

Cannonball is the one with the injured arm and when he walks into the room and sees the hand appear it's probably Sunspot experiencing his power. As for the overall story I have a feeling Mirage is the one causing a lot of the horror themed stuff which Demon Bear is feeding off of and Cecilia (the women talking) is trying to get all of the kids to let their powers loose and control them in order to fight back.

4. I'm sold.

5. Has potential. I love the idea of a mutant horror movie, so I hope this is good.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Horror is one of my least favorite genre of movies when it comes to big mainstream movies. Not excited for this at this point.

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I was not at all interested in this when I first heard about it, but the horror vibe has me a lot more excited. Barring Apocalypse (which I still think is a fun movie but not great), Fox has been doing great stuff with X-Men since First Class.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. [​IMG]

Jdaniels, jkauf and Contender like this.
  11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Really into the poster given the trailer of the movie.

Also a heads up for new, there's a new mini series for New Mutants coming out in March. There's more than enough time to check out the important parts of the original book, so everything minus the Liefeld run.

Tim likes this.
  12. Tim

The Claremont/Sienkiewicz era is a top 5 mutant series for me.

Contender likes this.
  13. Contender

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Damn.

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:(

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Now that sucks

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lame. Wonder if it has to do with Disney

18. Couple sites are saying the movie wasn't scary enough, so the studio wants to make it scarier in light of how well horror movies like Get Out and It did last year.

Jdaniels likes this.
  19. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Yes. The reasons those movies were successful was because they were scary lol.

I mean, i can believe someone in Hollywood is dumb enough to think that. But I still have to shake my head.

Edit: they should go ahead and add alien nipple milking. Because, you know, Star Wars made a lot of money, too.

Jdaniels likes this.
  20. Contender

Sigh, there’s always something for X-fans to be bummed about. Hopefully they will be able to make it memorable for the right reasons.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's really disappointing.

Also, "Gambit" will be delayed until the end of time.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Tim

Weird, but I'm honestly pretty patient for this project's Sunspot colorism.

23. Anya Taylor-Joy Says 'The New Mutants' Delay Is "Frustrating"

They added a character.

24. Kuri44

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its wild that we haven't seen much from this

coleslawed likes this.