Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The New Emoji Hotness

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jeremy Burge of Emojipedia has an in-depth look at the latest batch of emoji that have been approved:

These include smileys, people, food, drink, flags, and for the first time: new fantasy characters such as a mermaid, genie, and vampire.

We are today releasing the final version of our sample images for this update. These have been designed in the “Apple style” to picture how these emojis may look when hitting phones later in the year.

And Paul Hunt looks at the role of gender in emoji:

Filling out the middle of the spectrum, we have a set of three new people emoji with inclusive gender, characters that were conceived to represent all people regardless of gender.

These emoji are intended to depict a child, an adult, and an older person. I proposed the addition of the gender inclusive emoji characters in order to provide better representation for people who want to express themselves in emoji as exactly that: just people.

Not everyone identifies as male or female. Some of us identify as a bit of both, or neither, or something else altogether. Regardless of your gender identity, I hope we can all find adequate ways to express ourselves in emoji.

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I just can't believe there's a website called Emojipedia, what a time to be alive

Schooner and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i'mma be using those witch/wizard ones all the time whenever i talk about games lololol

4. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Hell yeah, dinosaurs.

Schooner, T.J. and coleslawed like this.
  5. Tater Tot

I identify as a vampire so this is perfect for me.

6. Schooner

Trusted

My life was complete when shark and burrito came through last update

Edit: oooooh pie!
    Glad they have to other UK flags

What's the one now that looks like a shaka if they didn't approve a Shaka??