Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The New Alternative Music Festival (Presented by Don Giovanni Records) Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 1, 2016.

1. heaththehorizon

Regular

After going through a bunch of these bands, I've snagged a three day ticket, gonna be a damn good weekend.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

mal blum is the first that you should check out, best combination of a band i love and a band you should love based on your taste. really great queer punk, i think in the vein of allison weiss (haven't listened to her but that seems like a valid comparison haha), listened to their record earlier this year and it was the best initial reaction i've had to a record for a band i don't know in a long long time.

ought was in my top ten last year, not sure how much you'll like them until seeing them live. they're sort of weird post punk, but they're crazy good live, vocalist uses his weird voice and the sound of it almost like an instrument, but the songs are so so good too.

P.S. Elliot obviously, it's the Crutchfield's (waxahatchee and swearin') old band and this is a real big deal they're getting back together.

i loved aye nako's full length, was on the pitchfork underrated list and was one of the best things i've found from that. just really good queer punk

outer spaces, the rememberables, and the max levine ensemble are very good locals for me. radiator hospital are so loved in philly, really associated with the crutchfields, just really good pop punk songs. tenement and downtown boys are being called some of the best bands of underground punk, especially downtown boys. and mirah is a real important artist that was associated with phil elverum and k records.

how's that????

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Think I'm going to end up going to Saturday and Sunday. Not much that interests me on Friday and for some reason I never thought to just go the 2 days, I had like an all or nothing mentality.

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I may take you up on this. I'm kind, quiet, won't play wonderwall, and I like to buy food for people who host me. It'd be a good time.

yeah, man. figured I'd just fucking do it. i've never been to nyc or traveled by myself. Why not now. I'll be in touch with you and chorus people pretty frequently, I bet, I actually don't think I know anyone out there.

5. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I do enjoy food and hate wonderwall, seems like a good time to me!

Cody Nelson likes this.
  6. cwhit

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

cwhit likes this.
  8. cwhit

can't wait to hang!!!!

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

You're going? Well shit this changes everything. Which day(s)?

10. cwhit

I'm going all three days, bud!

11. Leftandleaving

Haha that's what I figured. If I go that's what I'd shoot for too

cwhit likes this.
  12. cwhit

sunday cancelled. shifting lineup around
    holy shit

13. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Yeah that really sucks. Sunday probably would've been the only day I can go. @Cody I may have to rescind my offer to crash at my place, I'll have work on Saturday for sure and Friday I don't know about yet

14. cwhit

cody isn't going anyways, haha. don't worry

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh shit, if some of the Sunday artists I wanted to see get shifted to Saturday I'll be way more likely to go.

16. cwhit

only one I really noticed was radiator hospital to Friday, it's all updated already

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, so Sunday is just straight up cancelled. That's really unfortunate, I took it as meaning they were condensing it into two days and all of the same bands would still be playing just over two days instead of three. This sucks, Sunday's lineup was good.

18. cwhit

Yeah, no, they moved around a few but they didn't change very much. Luckily I've already seen the Hotelier about 5 times this year (including just last week lol) and now I get to go to the Built To Spill/Hop Along/Alex G show back in DC

19. cwhit

Hello friends I have arrived

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Was planning on going tomorrow but don't think I'm gonna make it. Bummer, but I've seen most of these bands/am going to see them soon anyway.

21. cwhit

Downtown Boys and Tenement were the two best of the weekend pretty easily

22. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I heard Tenement were awesome. I saw Downtown Boys last year and they were incredible, but I can't get into their recorded stuff. Who else did you see?