Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Network – “Ivankkka Is A Nazi” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2020.

1. AMC

Regular

That is a good point I do understand what you're saying.
    But I will always say the most successful people in the world never care who's in charge. If everybody had that mindset you wouldn't even have to worry about politics.

2. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I think you need to look into things before you press that post reply button.

Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Philip Knight, Lawrence Ellison, and most other "successful" people spend a good amount of money on political donations. From Buffet giving yearly to the Democratic party and pumping money into Obama's campaign to Knight making donations to Republican party campaigns - they most certainly care who's in charge as their policies on trade and the way they view the economy can greatly impact their businesses.

There's also a "successful" guy named Donald Trump who cared so much who was in charge that he himself became president.

tyramail likes this.
  3. 333 GANG

ACAB

Plenty of democrats aren’t great people, but they’re quite obviously the lesser of two evils.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. AMC

Regular

That's after they became billionaires.

I'm talking about your everyday run-of-the-mill people that work hard are really smart and just focus on their job and family.
    They could care less about politics.
    It does nothing for you

5. AMC

Regular

Haha ok

6. thegreatbenbino

???.png

David Parke and tyramail like this.
  7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It’s hard for me, as a gay female, to act like I can focus on things that “aren’t politics” when my rights are somehow still constantly in the air. You speak from a very privileged and borderline naive place.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

It’s alarming you feel otherwise. Have you been hibernating the last 4 years?

9. AMC

Regular

Do you really believe the media and politicians? They aren't your friend. That goes for either side. Republican or democrat. I don't get how blind people are.

10. AMC

Regular

Gay female as you say. That I can agree with you. Different groups of people are ostracized. That is true.

11. thegreatbenbino

So you know that different groups of people are ostracized by certain political parties/policies, but you just... don't give a fuck? You don't want to make sure the people leading our country are at least in favor of @tyramail having basic rights as a human being?

David Parke likes this.
  12. AMC

Regular

So you need politics to be successful?
    I do know what you are saying. I get it and agree. You do realize that the so-called better party Democrats the possible future vice president has locked up certain races just to keep her record clean. Does Kamala care about all these groups you speak of?

Which goes back to my original point none of them care about you.

13. thegreatbenbino

I don't disagree with you that neither option is ideal right now. Just because they don't care about me doesn't mean it isn't my duty to vote for the one who I think sucks less for the sake of other people's well-being.

I don't believe I've fought for either side in my posts, though it speaks volumes that you know I support the Democratic side this time around based solely on wanting people to have basic human rights. There is a lesser of two evils and I think the group who supports basic human rights is the way to go.

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. Hell, I'm an independent. I believe we'd be in a much better place if there were 3 or 4 major parties. What myself and others are trying to tell you is that it isn't cool to not give a shit at all. It isn't edgy to say fuck politics. In fact, it's pretty ironic you're on a site dedicated to punk music saying you don't care at all about politics.

If you don't think the presidential race will impact you, why not focus on local elections that most definitely will? Don't just stand by and let shitty things happen around you just because you know you'll still be alright.

As for needing politics to be successful - I'm curious how you define "successful".

Crisp X likes this.
  14. I'm cancelling all my AMC affiliated subscriptions.

I like how they replied to everyone but me when I mentioned womens rights.

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

I believe what I’ve seen from the scumbag president the last 4 years, and what I’ve seen from every piece of shit Republican who has supported his every move.

tyramail and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah, this AMC person suuuuucks

17. It’s been a while since I’ve had the opportunity to use the block button here. Nice to see the feature is still working.

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

some of these posts are so obtuse its honestly inspiring.

anyway I was surprised to kind of like the song, but maybe I just like it when people call Ivanka Trump a Nazi

19. AMC

Regular

"AMC" as if I'm an organization. Haha.
    Sorry I didn't respond to you. Are you referring to the new judge being appointed and you think she might over turn certain laws?

20. AMC

Regular

Ironically what you frowned upon.. you do the exact thing in the next paragraph.

21. ZeoVGM

Regular

You are either incredibly young or ignorant and uneducated.

The only options.

David Parke and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

nah

23. AMC

Regular

You think politicians care about you? Most of them are in it for themselves and their lobbyists.

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

It doesn’t seem like anyone is denying that. However, there are certain politicians who are far more likely to cause harm to marginalized groups than others, and that’s the importance right now. It’s not black and white, it’s not clear cut. America is a nation based on white supremacy and bigotry and it’s not going to magically fade away, but we can take steps to ensure that the more dangerous people are not in power.

David Parke and AMC like this.
  25. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I don’t think they’re deciding what’s best. They’re giving their opinion.

someone deciding would hold public office, and rather than serving the interests of those who voted them in - would serve theirs and their lobbyists interests.