Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Neon Demon (Refn, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by WordsfromaSong, Apr 14, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

2. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

probably my most hyped movie release along with next year's alien: covenant. Refn is fantastic. Drive and Only God Forgives are both masterpieces in my book.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Looks gorgeous, hope it's actually good.

4. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

now I want to see it more

6. My anticipation just went up.

7. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Excellent.

8. fronkensteen

Trusted

Man, I cannot wait to see this movie.

9. Yeah, super excited for this.

10. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

can not wait and it's supposedly close to the 2 hour mark. only god forgives was barely an hour and a half

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

And it felt like a fucking eternity

12. So the Cannes audience hated it?

13. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

supposedly. but take that with a grain of salt. I remember reading that at only god forgives' first screening, it was booed and heavily criticized; at its second screening, it received a standing ovation.

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Cannes was bound to hate it. They hated Only God Forgives and this seems to be a more extreme version of Refn's vision. I am much more excited for this than that film.

15. farva2

Regular

Hoping i can watch this and know wtf is going on.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen May 20, 2016
    (Last edited: May 20, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

they yelled " fuck you Liv " after he thanked his wife in the credits but booing at Cannes happens every year

17. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

lol

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Of course this is rated r

19. dash64

This is my design

June 24th release!

20. Phillip

BOO

Drive is one of my favorites and Bronson is really, really great. I dunno how I feel about this one yet, but I like Jenna Malone and the music sounds awesome. The music/soundtrack ended up being my favorite part of Only God Forgives.

21. I guess you can't get more divisive than this

[​IMG]

alex miller likes this.
  22. I need to rewatch the Pusher trilogy and Bronson soon.

23. alex miller

Regular

Anyone else see this yet? Holy fuck. Refn really pushed the envelope with this one. Immaculate cinematography as expected but many sequences felt super out of place, only to make the audience squirm (especially the ending). With that being said, I really did enjoy it. Cliff Martinez's score fit the film like a glove. I need to get the soundtrack on vinyl.

I really wanted this to be as great as Drive but this movie makes it very evident that Refn has abandoned the subtlety and nuance that made Drive so wonderful. He's gone off the deep end, for better or for worse. Maybe if he makes another big studio movie he'll be forced to have some restraint... who knows what's next on his plate. I think all NWR fans should check this out for sure. It's been burnt in my brain since I saw it Thursday night

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it's a bonkers campfest and I'm still not sure if that's a compliment or an insult but I can't stop thinking about it and trying to confirm "oh yeah that happened" for a lot of scenes

alex miller likes this.
  25. Morrissey

Trusted

What was subtle or nuanced in Drive?

dhayes likes this.