Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Neighbourhood Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 2, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The Neighbourhood (sometimes rendered as "THE NBHD") is an American rock band formed in Newbury Park, California in 2011. The band is composed of vocalist Jesse Rutherford, guitarists Jeremy Freedman and Zach Abels, bassist Mikey Margott, and drummer Brandon Alexander Fried.

2. beachdude

Anyone fans of these guys? I had casually listened to them for a long time but I think I'm becoming a bigger fan recently, I'm really into their aesthetic and sound.

3. azzy01

Regular

I really enjoyed the EPs released over the past few months.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Their first album was solid, the followup mixtape was horrid, the second actual album was aiiight but kinda bland, newer EPs are definitely stretching their sound, certainly interested in the full length

5. Vs.

Regular

First two albums were decent. The new one sucks. I can’t even get through it. Scary Love is the only song I enjoy to be honest.

6. irthesteve

Honestly, I like the new one a lot more than Wiped Out.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i just think it's cool how they brought field medic out on tour

8. Vs.

Regular

They just released a new EP called "Ever Changing". Liking it much better overall than anything they've released the last couple of years.

9. The recent album getting replaced on Apple Music by the deluxe is really annoying me.

DrawYourMind likes this.
  10. irthesteve

wtf, the same thing on Spotify it seems. The 21 track thing?

11. irthesteve

OK wait, this is a total absolute mess. It seems to be a combination of the EP's "Hard" "To Imagine" "Ever Changing" and the self titled album.... except it is only 21 of the total 23 tracks (a few songs are both on an EP and the full length)??

It's missing... Revenge and Too Serious, it seems. This is a bizarre thing to do.

12. irthesteve

new album in Sept

new song out tomorrow

13. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

heard the new album. they're never going to top their debut are they?

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

What's the concept here?

15. irthesteve

While I agree they probably will never top the debut, there's some good stuff on here. NEVER expected a song like Lost In Translation from them, it's actually a pretty solid upbeat jam

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. irthesteve

He's already released a whole solo album a few years ago

18. Vs.

Regular

That's a bummer if true.

beachdude likes this.
  19. irthesteve

20. Vs.

Regular

Idk if that was a response to me, but I just meant it's a bummer if they are going on hiatus.

beachdude likes this.
  21. irthesteve

I'm just making the point that doing a solo album doesn't mean the band is breaking up, because he has already done so before

Vs. likes this.
  22. beachdude

Apparently they're canceling tour dates as well though (if that article is correct) so it might be more of an actual hiatus if that is the case.

23. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

that is a shame, i thought their most recent record was quite a return to form, and none of jesse's solo stuff is massively interesting to me

beachdude likes this.
  24. Vs.

Regular

Ah, yeah. I'm a little skeptical on whether it's true or not. It's just basing the hiatus on "sources".

25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Seems like odd timing to drop the NBHD name if it truly is a hiatus given their recent TikTok fame