Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The NBA All-Star Game Gets an Overhaul

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The NBA All-Star game is getting an overhaul. Paolo Uggetti, writing at The Ringer, describes the changes:

Instead of an East vs. West matchup, teams will be picked based on playground rules, with two captains selecting from the remaining pool of players, according to an announcement by the NBA on Tuesday.

The initial All-Star voting process will remain the same as last season: five players (two guards and three frontcourt players) from each conference will be selected by votes from fans, players, and media, and the remaining 14 players will be chosen by NBA head coaches. But now the top fan-vote-getters in each conference will be enlisted to choose, fantasy-draft style, who among the remaining 22 gets to play for which team.

Seems like a needed fix when most of the All-Stars are now in the western conference. Hopefully it makes the games a little more fun as well.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Interestttinggg...maybe i'll actually watch it this year.

3. SundayDrive555

Isn't this supposed to be absolutePUNK.net. Oh wait, sorry, never mind. Proceed.

4. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Nah this doesn’t help one bit, just as the Pro Bowl change failed to make the product on the field any better.

They don’t play hard. That’s the problem. How can we MAKE them play hard in an exhibition game? It might not be fixable, which is a shame because we see flashes of it at the end of close all-star games. I rarely agree with Stephen A. Smith, but he diagnosed it perfectly today. I thought Bill Simmons made a good suggestion if we’re gonna scrap the East/West thing entirely...

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. I think having two teams that are more evenly matched and the petty feuds will make it better. I don't really care about the teams playing hard anyway, I don't want anyone to get hurt in the middle of the season.

6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think it'd be fun if instead of playing, all the All Star players coached and the coaches for the All Star players played in the game.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I would give any amount of money to see Popovich dunk over Brad Stevens

8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Seems really fun. Haven't watched all star weekend in a few years. I'll have to check this out.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Banana boat crew vs everyone else