Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Jake Z

Regular

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the perspective. I do want to have this click, for sure. And my apologies if my ''Bonaroo'' comments offended. I didn't mean to imply that every fan of The National fits that mold. The fact that you are a member of this site proves you aren't one of those people-lol.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

They played 2 new songs at the Syrian Refugees benefit they played last night. Expecting that I'll get to see those same two songs today. They're only playing an hour and half, but I'm hoping to get a decent spread across the last four albums. It appears they didn't play any Alligator yesterday.

3. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

"Abel" 4ever

4. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Mr November needs to get played each set imo

5. Emperor Y

I'd be down if Conversation 16 and England weren't in every set on the next tour

6. England is my fav national song with graceless

7. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Conversation 16 and England are probably my two favorite songs on High Violet that aren't Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks.

Jose and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  8. Pink Rabbits isn't on High Violet

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I think my fav track on each album is the opener.

10. Signifire

This is true

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

"Lit Up" is my favorite National song

12. Signifire

Favorite song is tough.. maybe 90-Mile Water Wall or Ada. They're definitely up there. Also City Middle.

13. Signifire

Heh. Sorry about that, I dunno what I was thinking. I think I just really love Pink Rabbits and wanted to bring it into the conversation, lol.

14. Jose

weightless in the valley

Think my favorite has to be either Conversation 16, This Is The Last Time or Apartment Story

15. Emperor Y

I couldn't pick a favorite song. All Dolled-Up in Straps, Val Jester, Cardinal Song, Sea of Love, the live version of Squalor Victoria, Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks, Wasp Nest, Fashion Coat, All the Wine... maybe one of those. But, I sure love this band.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Swap out TITLT with Graceless and i agree

Jose and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My favorite is "Fake Empire," and it's not even close. Also really like "Apartment Story."

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This bands b-sides and EP tracks are dope too.

I re-listened to TWFM on my ride up to Charlotte and I think it might be my second favorite after Alligator. Just stellar tracks throughout, and it's surprisingly catchy for National standards imo.

19. angrycandy Jun 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2016)
    angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

The two new tracks are called "Hague Blue" or "Sometimes I Don't Think" and "The Day I Die". Really hope a live video pops up for both soon. Can't wait to hear where they are taking their sound now

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

They were really good last night. Obviously way different vibe from when I saw them play in a hall. I think musically they sounded better than ever. Matt was a little sick and you could tell he was struggling singing in his higher register or doing the pre-HV tracks.

They played the new songs, Sometimes I Don't Think and Day I Die. Couldn't grasp them lyrically because Matt's voice but they sounded cool. A lot more energetic than TWFM, but those songs also sound so energetic live, so I'm curious to see how they sound recorded.

No Dead covers, which was shocking. I thought Peggy-O was destined to be a set staple for this year at least. Mr November was the only Alligator track. Squalor Victoria, Fake Empire and Slow Show from Boxer. Terrible Love, England, Bloodbuzz, Vanderlyle, Afraid of Everyone from HV. Salt, Demons, Cap, Sea of Love, Hard to Find, I Need My Girl, Last Time, Pink Rabbits, Graceless from TWFM.

21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Needs way more Boxer

22. Emperor Y

I love TWFM like it were my child, but I hope half those songs get bumped off when they tour the new album.

23. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, more from Boxer and a couple Alligator cuts would be cool, but I don't know which TWFM tracks I'd cut. Maybe Hard to Find just cause it didn't fit the vibe. But it was also festival appearance and only 1.5 hr set, so I can't blame them for being heavy on the TWFM tracks that people know. I figure if it was a proper headlining show any additional songs would have been older.

24. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Why are they still playing Afraid of Everyone
    Not even one of the top 10 tracks on that record