Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Deathco_019, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

It's a bit filler-y, but I'm not sure the highlights really give anything up to the material that came after.

I'm sure I've probably already said that in this thread haha. Absolutely love the first four songs and Fashion Coat. Available ain't too shabby either.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, it's far from my favorite, but it just is working well for me this afternoon.

Surfwax likes this.
  3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not sure if anyone caught their show in Chicago last night, but man was it a lot of fun.

nomemorial likes this.
  4. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

i saw the setlist was pretty short -- was this not a normal show?

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

They're playing the Obama foundation thing, so I think it was just a warm up/way to pay their way back to Europe after. They also brought out Richard Reed Perry from Arcade Fire for a song, so I think they were honestly going to catch their show down the street afterwards haha. Whole thing was done by 8:30 or so, which was perfect for this old man.

nomemorial likes this.
  6. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Chicago show was great. Early show, quick setlist, free beer, small venue - literally checked all of my boxes and made the hour+ frigid wait worthwhile.

7. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

PEOPLE

This is unreal. Dessner brothers EP.

8. zmtr

Trusted

Haven't even navigated from the JV page yet. Cant' wait to listen to this.

Kennedy likes this.
  9. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

There is sooooooo much haha

10. zmtr

Trusted

"Here are 3 songs to start and we will keep posting them over the year."

:0

Kennedy likes this.
  11. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

holy hell, the National sans matt still sounds awesome (Songs Without Words), and the Red Bird Hollow tracks rule. can't wait to dive into this over the next few days.

12. Syre Dream

Regular

PEOPLE

Here is the link to Songs Without Words. Boxer, High Violet, Trouble Will Find Me, and Sleep Well Beast era

13. Syre Dream

Regular

Also here is a group with Matt, and the Dessner brothers

PEOPLE

14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

they’re playing a show in italy while i’m there with franz ferdinand, would be a three hour train but maybe we go

15. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

So, uh, I just scored 4 free tickets to Saturday's show and another 4 free tickets to Sunday's. Forest Hills must have really undersold.

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  16. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Yeah I got that email too. Would have loved to go but I'm out of town. Price was a little steep all things considered so I'm not surprised

17. Syre Dream

Regular

They have started scheduling shows for next year around summer, Homecoming is apparently happening again as well. Hoping for a album in the fall

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I could use a new National album. We all could. I wouldn't expect one soon, but yeah, fall does seem like a reasonable stretch of time.

Syre Dream likes this.
  19. FrankieThe4th

I think we'll see a new record sooner rather than later. Rylan and Light Years are confirmed to be on it, after all.

20. Syre Dream

Regular

Yeah Im pretty sure Rylan is actually recorded already, probably would be the first single

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Kinda doubt we get anything before 2020 but I hope I’m wrong

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Didnt they leave like an entire album on the cutting room floor after this one?

23. they were talking about prepping a new album right after TWFM and it was 4 years until the next one. I'm not expecting anything soon. which is fine because SWB still feels really fresh to me

adamlikesdogs and CarpetElf like this.
  24. FrankieThe4th

They stated recently they expect to finish their new record next year. Whether that means it actually gets released next year is another story, but here's hoping.

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I’d be surprised if we get anything in 2019, but who knows. 2020 seems more likely to me.