Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National to Release New Album in September

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Looking forward to this album, if society hasn't collapsed by September.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

September is so far away

angrycandy likes this.
  4. Gen Handley

Regular

Great news. I need a new album

5. !!!

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Hyped. Been too long.

7. Omni

Regular

Fantastic news. I've been wanting a new album for a while.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really excited about this one! Been too long.

9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Damn. 4 months.

10. CMilliken

Trusted

Long wait! Excited though!

11. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

it would be amazing if it was premiered and performed in its entirety at eaux claires like bon iver's album last year

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Really interested to see how I feel about this. I loved the last one, but their records don't do a whole lot for me anymore.

13. drewinseries

Drew

Feel like an announcement now for September release is a bad move. They've been out for so long.

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Trouble Will Find Me is an all time great for me and retrospectively my favorite album that came out that year.

So excited.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  15. Same. I really really hate using this term with regards to music, but I feel like I have "outgrown" this band to an extent.

Craig Manning likes this.
  16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

We are blessed.

17. Craig Manning

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure what it is. I still enjoy their songs on a certain level, but their records don't engage me these days. I tried to listen to High Violet yesterday and got bored halfway through.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  18. Yeah their more recent stuff is boring to me now and their older stuff that I used to adore is kinda cringeworthy in places to me now

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Weird that a band that had a distinct reputation some years ago for being a grower has become one that people grow out of, lol. Not hating, just a funny turn of events.

Boxer is still one of my all-time favorite albums, probably still #2 behind only the album that first made me fall in love with music as a child (Jesus Freak by dc Talk, which I'll always consider my favorite). That album hit me hard from the moment I first listened to "Fake Empire" on their MySpace page about 8 yrs ago due to AP.net's IWasaCamera repping it hard; I still remember going to FYE that same day so that I could buy it ASAP. I guess it was just one of those albums that came along at just the right time.

dadbolt likes this.
  20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Love that cover

21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

so many memories attached to this band, excited for even more to be made with the new record. crazy that it's been four years since TWFM.

22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

also excited that this means a new tour and i get to see them again

23. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Craig Manning

TWFM probably holds up best for me, even if I only like about half of it at this point. High Violet doesn't interest me anymore other than "Bloodbuzz," which is an admittedly great song. Never cared much for Boxer or Alligator in the first place.

New song is cool. I like the guitarwork. I think I'm just kind of bored with Berninger's voice. His limitations are the band's limitations, which makes it hard for them to engage me over the course of a full album (let alone a full discography).

25. kidasquared

walk until your blush subsides

it's interesting how that happens to ppl w/ any band. I feel quite the opposite about The National, but I'm sure there is a band you like that I've "outgrown." arrivals and departures run side by side

p.s. great username, btw. I love that record, "Eric's Trip" is sucha great tune