Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - Sleep Well Beast (September 8, 2017) Album • Page 56

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, May 10, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

For the record I am hungover and being very annoying so please don't take anything I'm saying more seriously than I deserve lol

That article pitchfork posted about the brothers dynamic in this band was really cool, did anybody post that

2. zmtr

Trusted

I haven't read it yet because I saw Oasis in the title

3. Deathco_019

Drummer

I remember those days and there were god awful. Bless yr soul

Joel likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yessir.

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

zmtr likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

Wait.. how have I never seen the documentary??

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

it's so goooood.

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Still more than a month away from my Stapleton gig. Hope he announces the new record before that (and maybe plays a couple songs from it).

zmtr likes this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

It looks incredible. I know what I'm doing tonight

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

poor Matt has to argue with two sets of brothers

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

My imagined dynamic is the Dessner's meticulously craft things, Matt and Bryan get trashed and figure things out as they go, then they call Scott.

dadbolt, Joel and zmtr like this.
  12. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

To answer the question you didn't quite ask, deathco, lists are cool because they help you find new music. Craig's going to have 7 albums in his top 10 that I love, 1 that I didn't listen to much, and 2 that I've never heard of. It's a great way to personalize the discovery process.

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I just enjoy making lists. I do it with most things.

Kyle is hk and StormAndTheSun like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i like lists

it's why i like kanye threads so much

Kyle is hk and CarpetElf like this.
  15. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Im the same way. I dont share these lists either. I just write them up, look at them and say 'nice' to myself.

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I have loads on my computer. I only share my end of year ones.

17. Deathco_019

Drummer

I mean, make lists all you want. The aoty format is just dumb to me these days. I really don't care to see rankings or whatever. I'm just gonna say "Hey here's albums I listened to and enjoyed this year." It doesn't have to be a competition like so many make it out to be

18. Craig Manning Sep 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2017)
    Craig Manning

Ha, now you've got me thinking about what my list would be and wondering if this is an accurate prediction.

zmtr and CarpetElf like this.
  19. Signifire Sep 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2017)
    Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I pretty much only smoke blunts if somebody else is throwing in on it and it’s for some celebratory purpose.

Edit: wow what thread am I in

20. zmtr

Trusted

I forgot about the Natalie Hemby record earlier too. That has a legit shot at my top 5 honestly. I just haven't listened in a few weeks because I played the shit out of it when you told me about it. Other than my girlfriend screaming at me to put on "this town still talks about you" when she's drunk.

Still not sure how that song doesn't get radio play. It's #1 country hit type shit. Even amongst all the popular garbage.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Craig Manning and zmtr like this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah. Craig is easily the 2nd best poster after me

Ur third :)

Sry I'm pretty far through a bottle of makers

Craig Manning and FTank like this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

A lot of us also use it as an excuse to write about our year and music and the albums we love.

Matt Chylak’s Top 10 Albums of 2016

24. Craig Manning

I was going to mention that record when I saw it wasn't on your list. It's a top three contender for me, definitely top five. I hope she gets some love in the Grammy country categories or something. I feel like that could happen. But yeah, that's the most underrated record of the year, easy.

Right?!

This is why I love doing the EOTY list. It's not a "competition" for me or anything. Putting it together at the end of the year is just a tradition I really like. It's like a whole month of December project for me, writing about everything. I know probably no one reads the whole thing, but it's a cool exercise to put my year into perspective and then sort of put the year to rest.

Matt Chylak and ImAMetaphor like this.
  25. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

What is EOTY

I’ve wanted to know for ages