Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - Sleep Well Beast (September 8, 2017) Album • Page 55

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, May 10, 2017.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i like this album but it's no counterparts so why should i even bother listening?

FTank and ghostedaway like this.
  2. Deathco_019

Drummer

How dare u

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Still haven't listened to any Counterparts or any of their counterparts

FTank and Signifire like this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

SpyKi likes this.
  5. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm leaving this site forever. Hope you all commemorate me alongside blakebeats

On second thought, how could you? I don't compare to a legend

6. zmtr

Trusted

That's not how I listen to music. That's also not what I said. All the big name releases I was looking forward to have come and gone. This one is my favorite. Could it change? Yes.

SpyKi likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't think you could beat him.
    Yeah, I'm drawing a blake.

dadbolt likes this.
  8. Deathco_019

Drummer

Does somebody pay you to write these?

9. zmtr

Trusted

I will agree that lists are stupid though..

Something I spend a lot of time on and stress over that literally nobody cares about reading

It also sucks because when I say "AOTY!" on a message board I stop listening to music for the rest of the year.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Your hatred is all the payment I need.

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I definitely care less about lists this year than I ever have. I'm still going to make one come December, but it probably won't be ranked. I do like the act of AOTY lists as a tool for reflection, but beyond that they don't really serve a greater purpose.

FTank likes this.
  12. zmtr

Trusted

Brand New - SF is up there for me too. Which is weird because I think the rest of their albums are pretty bad

Joel likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Noah has gone all over my top 10 at this point. There was a moment after a few weeks where I felt like it wouldn't be in my top 10 at all. Now it's back in the top five. It's a weird record for me. I'm not usually that indecisive.

This one, though, probably won't be in my 30.

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Lists are great as a fun way to commemorate the music you love

This record not being in someone's top 30 is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time

15. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah imagine somebody listening to a lot of music in a given year amd one album not making their top 30. What a concept

FTank, Gjpeace, SpyKi and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

this'll probably be 31 on my list.

17. Craig Manning

Fixed that to reflect your worldview.

FTank and Deathco_019 like this.
  18. Deathco_019

Drummer

This will actually just make my list at 30, therefore making it not funny because one arbitrary number makes all the difference to some apparently

19. zmtr

Trusted

It's somewhere between 1.512519 and 3.5125915950 on mine

Craig Manning and ChiliTacos like this.
  20. Craig Manning

Speaking of From A Room, don't forget that we've still got another Stapleton LP coming.

21. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Sorry to quote you from forever ago, but are we talking The Antlers record? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing another record.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

I keep forgetting that.

Here's my list of favorite SETS this year, just to piss people off:

Just kidding. But Chris Stapleton blew my socks off

Craig Manning likes this.
  23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

lol music is subjective and I'm not a fucking idiot, it is funny to me because this is easily the best thing I'VE heard and can't fathom a world in which there are 29 records I'd like more

Obviously there are people that won't like this or care about it the way I do and it's not like that has any bearing on my enjoyment

Posting opinions on a message board, crazy!

Also lists aren't arbitrary because in making them you are literally asserting value to them

24. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah but there are far more interesting/thought provoking opinions you could post about, ya know?

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

More than talking about how it's difficult for me to comprehend how people don't think an album is great in a thread about that album? I mean, if there is a time to do that it is literally here and if not then why are we doing this at all lol