Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - Sleep Well Beast (September 8, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt, May 10, 2017.

1. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

The National was a big party band for the people I hung out with in college. Specifically Alligator. Drink and talk while it played through and be jumping on couches by the time Mr November came on. Did any one else experience similar levels of whiteness?

2. TMS2787

Trusted

Man. This song is so tight.

3. Yes but it was after I failed out of college for trying to drink like the ppl in their songs

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

A lot of this but a bit after college. Me and a bunch of friends were business casual office drones who became obsessed with Alligator.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I drove to Kansas City in fall of 2013 by myself to see them and tame impala then stopped at a friends house to stay the night halfway home and did a shit load of oxy and coke. Ya know, a couple years before drugs fucked my entire world up

DaydreamNation likes this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

When do tickets go on sale? Gotta pick some up and don't wanna miss it. Neither Seattle or Chicago show on their respective location calendars yet.

7. I remember you talking about this show/trek. And what happened everytime you went to Columbia

sophos34 likes this.
  8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

This reminds me of Wake Up Your Saints for some reason. Love it.

9. Oh god, this song is brilliant

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus

11. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Yessssssss, UK tour too.

12. Wall Of Arms

Blue vinyl ordered, final London show will be in the bag and this song on repeat all morn with coffee. What a day.

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

really happy to see that "Walk It Back" made it onto the record. now I just hope "Prom Song 13th Century" did, too.

14. Wall Of Arms

Loooooved that live.

SteveLikesMusic and angrycandy like this.
  15. angrycandy

you and me both. just watched a live video of it actually. if it's another "Rylan" I'll be crushed.

16. New single is perfect

17. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Love everything but the lyrics - Matt Berninger can and should be brilliant, so I expected much better in that department.

Btw, the album artwort is superb, gives me Boxer vibes.

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Song sounds pretty cool but doesn't really grab me like their last couple albums' lead singles did. Not sure why. I'll listen again tonight after work and see if it grows on me.

Still super hyped for this album, though.

19. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Reddit are suggesting Prom Song is Dark Side of the Gym but I'm not sure why they're so sure. Track length would put it close to the opener.

angrycandy likes this.
  20. angrycandy

yeah, seems weird that they would know that but here's hoping.

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Best music news in quite some time! The National are back!

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Love this song!

23. Importer/Exporter

Definitely a better first single than I think Demons was. I loved that track, but it was hard to suggest to people who didn't know the band as an entry point.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Importer/Exporter

Also, very glad the vocals are produced differently, with less reverb. Spanning from Alligator to TWFM, it sounded as if MB was walking further down a hallway.

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well, guess I'll be in Philly haba