Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - I Am Easy To Find (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Mar 5, 2019.

1. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Is the pre-sale for cherry tree members only? I need to see them again.

2. yuh. general sale starts 10am local time on Friday!

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I will admit that I was hoping like hell they'd release something soon, but I never thought they actually would in a million years. 16 tracks, and studio Rylan - holy fucking shit!!!

Pretty much all National albums are growers for me, in that I usually like them a lot when they first come out but then a couple years down the road I find them to be goddamned transcendental masterpieces.

4. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Looks like the song is up on Apple Music now, I pre-added the album through the pre-order page so I could find it on streaming and it added the whole album greyed out, but now the songs available.

5. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

SO glad they’re not doing a SWB style rollout with this one.

Also single is fucking fire. This is a blessed day.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Holy mother fuck of a surprise!

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Song is really damn good. Still can't believe this is happening now.

8. I've listened to this something like 20 times today including once on the radio because I'm so fucking happy they're back ALREADY

9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I am so fucking happy

10. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I think it’s overstated how much this band’s music sounds the same. It’s been a gradual evolution, for sure, but from Alligator to this, their sound has been changing. There are hallmarks - Matt’s voice and the drumming and really ornate arrangements - but they have always been growing as a band.

11. Yeah no record sounds the same at all

Mary V, astereo, CarpetElf and 2 others like this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah who said that?

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

I think High Violet to Trouble Will Find Me is the only time they didn't really switch it up, but there's still a major leap in songwriting.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  14. Barcara

Regular

This is probably my favourite artwork behind SWB and Boxer.

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Unrelated to the above post, Trouble Will Find Me will likely always be my favorite album of theirs. So many good memories associated with it, but it’s not just for nostalgia that I still adore it.

zmtr and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i did NOT see a new album announcement coming, this made my day

Brother Beck likes this.
  17. Ed59_

Regular

I love the new track, the cover, the short film trailer, the theme, the length of the project... The National!

Anyone seen any info about how many cherry tree + deluxe 3x LP pressings there are? Should wait a few weeks if I'm being sensible but I also don't wanna miss out.

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

TWFM took the longest to really click with me for whatever reason, but when it finally did it clicked SO HARD.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Song sounds so good

20. there are probably plenty of Cherry Tree variants and 3xLP because no numbers were released

3xLP will probably be available in local stores too

I don't think you'd miss out on either if you waited a week or so. I'm picking up the 3xLP cuz I need that score

radiodead and Ed59_ like this.
  21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I like this more than most of the stuff since High Violet heeelll yes

Gail Ann Dorsey's bit!

22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

oh and FUCKING RYLAN

CarpetElf, Jim and Brother Beck like this.
  23. Just bought Cherry Tree membership! Can't use my account email and password to sign into the shop, fuck is that about and could anyone help resolve it?

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Preordered the 3xLP. :heart:

Argus and Carrow like this.
  25. Sal Paradise

Trusted

They send a separate email with store log in info. I signed up earlier today, and it took maybe 45 minutes. Apparently it can take 24 to 48 hours but they seem to be somewhat prepared today and are getting them out.

Carrow likes this.