Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - I Am Easy To Find (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 56

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Mar 5, 2019.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

dir. Mike Mills again

jordalsh likes this.
  2. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I can’t really listen to this album in full anymore. Love the band to death but this is their weakest since their debut.

3. contender for my favorite national album tbh

4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

It is my favorite National record. But I think I’ve already said that multiple times in here.

MacbethSin and zmtr like this.
  5. MacbethSin

Regular

Yep put me down for likely favorite as well

6. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

It’s has like 9 of their very best songs on it but i agree, rarely if ever listen to the thing in full.

7. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

My second favorite of theirs. Been listening to it constantly since it dropped.

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

It’s in a constant war with Boxer and TWFM as my second favorite. I’ll ride for SWB as their best forever.

9. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I think every album other than High Violet has become my favorite of theirs after a few months of listening which is wild. Gun to my head it’s probably still SWB tho

10. this or trouble

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

trouble easily

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Every album after Sad Songs is my favorite. Sad Songs is 2nd to last. Self titled is last. That is the proper order

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it do be like that

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  14. socklord

Trusted

Trouble is my favorite without a doubt

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

boxer is my fav by a long long shot

16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I haven’t returned to this as much as I expected when it was released. It’s good, but I don’t consider it great. I feel like the lyrics are... more broad than previous albums? Idk. Hard to explain but I don’t get much feeling or connection to the lyrics, which is a big selling point for me for any band but especially The National.

Title track is probably my favorite, but there’s really only 3-4 songs I visit or have an interest returning to.

17. zmtr

Trusted

coleslawed and Rowan5215 like this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

oh my god its so good

19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Berninger solo album called Serpentine Prison got announced too. date TBA

Imgur Image

coleslawed, zmtr, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m not in the know. Is that was the Phoebe song is featured on?

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Like this quite a bit. Think the second half is much stronger. Still wish it wasn’t well over an hour tho

Yeah, she’s on walking on a string

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  22. copperperson997 Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2019)
    copperperson997

My definitive track order:

Dust Swirls In Strange Light
    You Had Your Soul With You (I added a bassline bc someone thought it needed one)
    Oblivions
    Hey Rosey
    The Pull of You
    I Am Easy To Find
    Quiet Light (OG or the extended bootleg I made earlier this year.)
    Where Is Her Head
    Turn On Me (here because a lot of people I've talked to IRL like that Game of Thrones song more than anything on this album)
    Roman Holiday
    Hairpin Turns
    Rylan
    Light Years
    Not In Kansas
    So Far So Fast

This is the first National album I was paid to review and I was underwhelmed, so I got really invested in making it a better record than it ultimately is in its officially released form. It's so close to being High Violet tier but some of the production and sequencing choices held it back.

This new version flows much better, and the stretch from Hairpin Turns to So Far So Fast is just this nonstop tearjerker. (SFSF in particular makes a great closer and bookend to Dust Swirls in Strange Light.) I also like the stretch from Quiet Light to Turn On Me because it's more clearly a section of Poppy National as opposed to Trippy National. Spotify playlist here.

23. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

The record is great as it is. My favorite record of theirs, actually. But i'm no music critic now.

24. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

They were next level tonight.

Also I’m convinced they’ve played Pink Rabbits at every show this tour except the two I’ve been to.

zmtr likes this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

It's one of my favorite songs of all time and they haven't played it the 4 times I've seen them.