Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - I Am Easy To Find (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Syre Dream

Regular

Importer/Exporter and Carrow like this.
  2. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Hell yeah The Pull of You is a reworked version of Sometimes I Don’t Think and it sounds completely amazing

dadbolt and Syre Dream like this.
  3. copperperson997

This album sounds so much better live (with the exception of "Where Is Her Head," which is tighter on the recording)

Syre Dream likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Not sure if this is a knock on the album or just a compliment to that show

coleslawed likes this.
  5. copperperson997

Mostly the second

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

can’t wait man. they fucking rule.

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

New song "Turn on Me" coming on the 26th on that Game of Thrones thing

8. Brother Beck likes this.
  9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Do you know what makes this a limited edition, like any bonus tracks or anything...? I looked at the page on my phone but couldn't figure it out, and it is blocked from my work computer.

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

I’ve read elsewhere that the second disc is the film score but I don’t have a definite source for that.

Brother Beck likes this.
  11. Bonus tracks, so it'd make sense if Disc 2 was the soundtrack to the short film that's also available on the limited edition 3xLP. Nothing confirmed yet though... oh wait, I just saw this which seems to confirm Disc 2 is indeed the short film soundtrack. I'd expect that then?

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Do you have any information about this song other than the title...?

13. It's on the Game of Thrones thing, that's all we know!

username and Brother Beck like this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

what is this Game of Thrones “thing”

15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I don't know anything about the GoT album, but I was trying to figure out if the National song is really something they wrote about GoT or if it is just like a b-side from the SWB / IAHTF sessions. I know The National did a GoT song before, but usually 'music inspired by ______' is BS and usually just a soundtrack made up of b-sides and things left off of albums.

Carrow likes this.
  16. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Was at the show tonight. New songs sounded great.

The movie stuff was definitely not my thing lol.

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

Looks like they added the three tracks from this album they didn't play in Paris/London into the setlist for New York last night. Whole album got played, out of order for some reason, plus three older cuts in the encore. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The sound quality wasn't great on the video I saw from I think it was Paris, but the songs sounded fantastic.

19. copperperson997 Apr 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2019)
    copperperson997

I made my own reordered track listing (taking out Not In Kansas and Underwater altogether bc the former frustrates me to the point where it initially ruined the whole record for me, while the latter just feels unnecessary.)

Will post it much closer to the record's release.

20. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I believe that’s because they had the Brooklyn Youth Chorus with them, who sings them on the album (iirc they were predominantly interludes)

username likes this.
  21. Importer/Exporter

What reactions I’ve seen so far make me feel like this album is going to be way more divisive than their past few records have been. Which I’m excited for, unless I’m not.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Importer/Exporter

high quality, good sound video of their NYC show. i'm in love with this album, if you want to join yourself in spoiling it with me. Quiet Light is massive.

23. username

hey you lil piss baby

Went to the Special Evening in Toronto tonight and it was outstanding. You can really hear how the visual aesthetic of the short informed the sounds of the film and vice versa. I think they mirror each other incredibly well. Feist was the guest for the Q&A and a few tracks. New songs sound really good (even if I miss the direction of SWB). Favourites were Oblivions, The Pull of You, Hey Rosey, Where Is Her Head, Hairpin Turns, and Not In Kansas. I think I’m kind of going to dig the short film versions of these tracks more than the album versions. The edits Mike Mills made with the stems for the film had this abstract chaos that is more in line with the weirdness that I wanted them to keep chasing after SWB. Older songs we got were The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness, Bloodbuzz Ohio, Fake Empire, and About Today. So grateful to have seen this show, but that 3 week wait for the album is going to be even harder.

24. copperperson997

Their Game of Thrones song rules! Reminds me a lot of Alligator-era b-sides, of all things

25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

where'd you hear it?