Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - I Am Easy To Find (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Mar 5, 2019.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Crying. Perfect song.

2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Song rules. Album rules.

3. radiodead

Trusted

Great song.

4. radiodead

Trusted

It leak???

5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

It did not. My friend has an advance copy.

radiodead and Carrow like this.
  6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I want an advance copy.

Aaron Mook, radiodead and jpmalone4 like this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Depending on the album, I suppose a pretty good case could be made for releasing the opener as a single ahead of time. But the closer? I really feel like the closer should be heard in the context of the album. Honestly, I find the whole idea of lead off singles to be increasingly silly just in general.

That being said though, I have absolutely no self control and the idea of *not* listening to an available National song is ludicrous. Song is gorgeous.

radiodead, zmtr and StormAndTheSun like this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'm teetering back and forth between my need to hear this song and my desire to keep the closer new until I hear the full album. But I am weak and a month+ is a long time.

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Only thing I can think of is this is one of the most traditional the National sounding songs as a whole on here.

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

wow what a song, this album is gonna rule

11. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I know I’m going to cave at some point and that point will probably be later today

coleslawed and username like this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

I caved approximately 30 minutes after making that post

zmtr and yung_ting like this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I would have still listened to it as soon as I could, but I didn't even realize it was the closer until other people mentioned it. I looked at the tracklist a while ago, but I guess my memory just isn't as good as some people's.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Gripes about them releasing the closing track early aside, I do think there is something interesting to it. Each opener/closer this band writes is so distinct. Those songs couldn't fit anywhere in the album and always provide the perfect introduction and closing moments to their records. Having the opening and closing statements to this record, and then getting the context that bridges them together later, will provide an interesting approach to hearing the record for the first time.

15. I've been waiting to hear the studio version of this for a while but I think I can wait longer - the fact this is already available via live performances and I've heard those means I can wait a bit to see how the album take compares. I'm good. If it was a BRAND new song you bet I'd have already listened hahah

16. This is my favorite album of the year so far

jkauf, Carrow, coleslawed and 2 others like this.
  17. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I mean, duh

18. most anticipated

Larry David likes this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

20. radiodead

Trusted

I love the two songs. But there is a lot of competition at the top of my AOTY list right now. Nilufer, SVE, Club Night, Weyes Blood, Billy Woods, Helado Negro, Jessica Pratt....and big releases coming from Big Thief, VW and PUP.

Been a great year so far.

Jim likes this.
  21. Wanna know how great this album is? Light Years doesn’t even crack my top 5 of tracks on this thing

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Can’t wait to hear that club night

radiodead and jordalsh like this.
  23. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Why do you do this

24. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Light Years is beautiful, like wow

coleslawed likes this.