Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The National - First Two Pages... & Laugh Track Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Carrow, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I don’t think England sucks at all, but i do think it’s overrated. Like, given the choice between it and a lot of the other songs they play in the latter half of the set, I’d be fine with them leaving it out for another one.

2. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Yep. England is a fine song, it's just kind of a dud compared to the rest of the National pantheon songs and imo it's a shame it has been such a mainstay in their setlists. But in general, I think they'd be a much more interesting live band if they switched up the setlists night to night or even tour to tour a lot more than they do.

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

England rules wtf

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

England the song rules. England the country isn’t real.

5. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Just got the cherry tree volume 4 announcement a couple days ago. 2005 set from the alligator tour. Sick as hell.

Setlist:

01. Secret Meeting

02. Lit Up

03. The Geese of Beverly Road

04. Baby We’ll Be Fine

05. Cherry Tree

06. Abel

07. Wasp Nest

08. Murder Me Rachael

09. All the Wine

10. Looking for Astronauts

11. Daughters of the Soho Riots

12. Mr. November

13. About Today

14. City Middle

15. Available

16. Cold Girl Fever

6. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Makes me wish I would have signed up for Cherry Tree before this year. Would kill to hear that show.

7. thebloodhound

Regular

My favourite voice ever since the early Damien Rice days.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Watching them live right now, it’s been 9 years and they still rip

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

new songs sounded very good

DaydreamNation likes this.
  10. Fuck wish I’d checked this thread haha I was there too!

sophos34 likes this.
  11. We were wayyyy up close

F32DF428-E6D6-4942-9826-BE783A49704C.jpeg 657EC563-3EE2-49A1-AB5E-277C4E27B917.jpeg 382F95DD-0070-4113-9370-FD9445DE701C.jpeg

Tropic Morning News sounds like it has the potential to be one of the very best National songs

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Haha I was wondering if you’d go!! You were way close than I was I was up in the stands behind the sound board so it sounded absolutely perfect

13. So that venue is totally soulless and I hate going so far out in the damn county lol...BUT holy shit I was absolutely blown away by how good the sound was that close to the stage. I was expecting to sacrifice sound for being close but the mix was still perfect. Obviously their touring foh and boh sound ppl are incredible but I was reasonably impressed with the venues setup too

14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

All the stuff I’ve seen from the show looks amazing, it kills me that my mental health kept me from going ultimately but the tickets went to a good home. Crazy how good that view was, that money was well spent.

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

:heart: thanks so much for letting me go I couldn’t have afforded to without your help and I know we’ll link up again at a show whenever you’re ready, no rush though because yeah it was pretty crowded up in those seats

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they need to install some fucking giant fans like the muny has. it was considerably cooler than it was at coheed last month and I was still sweating bad

Aaron Mook and DaydreamNation like this.
  17. DarkHotline

It’s no problem at all, homie, I’m just glad you had a good time. Was the show sold out? A lot of the pics I saw had the place packed.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Not that I know of but if tickets were available at the door it probably did end up selling out because yeah it was completely full

19. DarkHotline

There were so many shows in town last night, that never happens out here often. Kinda low key wish I got to see Post Malone fall live at Enterprise while lip syncing Circles.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I could hear ski mask the slump god opening for suicide boys as I was walking in lmao

Aaron Mook and DarkHotline like this.
  21. I was so tempted to try to go over there at least for maxo kream/code orange haha

sophos34 likes this.
  22. This weekend is absolutely stacked tho, I did Jimmy eat world fri, the national last night, currently waiting for pearl jam to start and thinking about built to spill tomorrow night lol

23. DarkHotline

I do wonder how all the kids who went to the SuicideBoys show reacted to Knocked Loose.

sophos34 and DaydreamNation like this.
  24. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Saw them tonight and it ruled. New songs sound good.

Also I'm bummed I missed out on all the arguing in the beginning of the thread. Some of you have bad opinions.

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

jpmalone4, imthesheriff, Jim and 2 others like this.