Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The MySpace Dragon Hoard (2008-2010)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Archive.org:

A wide-ranging collection of 490,000 mp3 files from MySpace.com, accomplished using unknown means by an anonymous academic study conducted between 2008 and 2010. […] Nearly every file in this item is no longer hosted at MySpace, due to a suspicious and low-key deletion/loss of data in 2018.

A bunch of music that was thought to be lost, has been found.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  2. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This is pretty huge, a friend of mine was just looking for some old songs he left on Myspace that had been deleted.

However, maybe it's because it's being pounded right now, but that search function is currently almost unusable, at least to find anything I wanted to find.

3. palebluedot

This exact thing happenned to me, so I will definitely give this a try!

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Do we have confirmation that the files were really lost? The original article suggests that they're just temporarily offline and can be brought online at a later date.

5. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Was really hoping to find some of my old band's songs, but nothing...

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Other big name sites are going to "lose" a ton of data accidentally, it's coming.