Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mummy (Alex Kurtzman, June 9th, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Dec 1, 2016.

1. I think it'll break 300

2. musicandlyrics Jun 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2017)
    musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

The trailer is good, is just that the review is unimpressive so I don't know if I will watch it or not on the big screen.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deadline says this is poised to lose $95 million.

popdisaster00 and kidwithhelmet like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ah... The old 'I didn't make this for the critics' line.

“This is a movie that I think is made for audiences and in my experience, critics and audiences don’t always sing the same song. I’m not making movies for them. Would I love them to love it? Of course, everybody would, but that’s not really the endgame. We made a film for audiences and not critics so my great hope is they will find it and they will appreciate it.”

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. Odd how this is simultaneously Tom Cruise's biggest opening (at the global box office) and a movie that looks like it's going to be considered a flop.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's amazing how " flops" make more money than we'll ever see in our lifetimes

BackyardHero11 and Joe like this.
  7. Seriously. BvS made almost $900m and was considered a disappointment financially because movies like Civil War and Avengers made $1b+ at the box office. Seeing numbers like that thrown around in conversation about movies being "flops" eats at my soul just a little bit ha.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Speak for yourself.

9. okay, so exactly how trash was this

like, if I go in expecting (and almost wanting) a trash movie that's just going to be dumb, fun action, will I have a good time? or is it like, irredeemably joyless?

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It feels like a product off the assembly line. Like, a two and a half hour trailer for the Dark universe. It's not enjoyable campy like The Mummy Returns. It's a waste of time.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  11. Damn.

12. Okay, I gave in and idk, this was exactly what I thought it would be. It wasn't a great movie by any means, Russell Crowe was especially disappointing and there were certainly some muddy plot points, but there was also plenty to enjoy imo. Jake Johnson and Sofia Boutella were standouts and I appreciated that this didn't get bogged down with too much exposition. Got to the point pretty quick and didn't overstay its welcome.

Idk. I know it's Rotten Tomatoes and it's all subjective, but I'm just surprised this sits at 15% when I've seen far worse movies in the past year that didn't get shitcanned quite as hard. Suicide Squad currently sits at 25% (not much better) and Phoenix Forgotten, the most boring/disappointing film I've seen in recent memory, sits at 40%.

I wish this was better, but I turned off my brain for a couple hours and had a pretty good time. With different directors in the future, I guess I'm holding out that the Dark Universe could still end up being really cool.

But there's also a part of me that is fascinated by/kinda loves bad movies so what do I know

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I had no idea SS was up that high on RT y I k e s

I'm kinda with ya @Aaron Mook i don't know if I actually hate this movie or if i just at the DU concept and am projecting that onto a bad, but harmless, film. It's just hard to watch this move knowing I could watch one of the old Universal Mummy movies and have a much better time.

Btw hope you're doing well and hope your music/band are successful we haven't talked in a hot minute lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Thanks bud, shit's been crazy lately, my fiance and I are moving into our first house on Sunday so that's wild, I'm still broke and looking for a job but she found a great opportunity about an hour away from our hometown so that's what's on the menu currently. I went up to Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago and started laying down keys and vocals for the Flower Crown LP, we've got like nine songs written and I just have to go back up and wrap up my parts sometime this summer so keep your eyes peeled for that in the Fall.

Sorry to everyone for the book, it has been a minute, I hope you're doing well yourself!

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I hope all works out, congrats on getting a house as well as the FC LP :D :heart:

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Nearing $400M worldwide

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Some very bizarre tones and bad writing in this, couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing at certain points.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. I do remember laughing at this moment haha.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess?

21. 333 GANG

ACAB

I just watched this last week and thought it was a disaster

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

people won’t stop retweeting this in my feed

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I guess none of them were in the same room for that either. Incredible photo really.

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

That’s the most impressive thing about this movie

coleslawed likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What could have been