Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mule (Clint Eastwood, December 14, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by username, Sep 27, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Interesting

2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it but it's not quite what the marketing leads you to believe it is and it's missing a couple ingredients from pushing into that great territory for me.

jkauf likes this.
  3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This was...ok? Fishburne and Pena were completely wasted and there were a lot of the typical Eastwood movie rough edges that you get from his shooting style, but Eastwood’s performance was great and he seemed to be genuinely probing his public persona in an interesting way. At the very least, it was a fucking million times more watchable than 15:17 to Paris.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I actually enjoyed this. It wasn’t as good as Gran Torino but I didn’t walk out of the cinema feeling like I lost money.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This was strange. I guess I liked it, but it all just kinda felt like nothing.

I'll spoiler tag this, but it's a pretty minor spoiler.

He does like half a dozen runs for the cartel, dudes are constantly confronting him with guns and threats, yet when he finally decides to peak inside the bag and it's full of drugs, he's suddenly surprised?!?!

He forces himself into way too many close calls with law enforcement, which, I get it, he's an unlikely suspect and can kind of play of that, but it was totally unnecessary.

I normally like my movies to be 90 minutes long, but even at nearly 2 hours, this movie kind of felt rushed, particularly the ending.

I dunno, this was enjoyable, just thought Eastwood would have done a little more with it.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

The more I sit on this the more I like it. Clint’s shift to the lackadaisical this year has made for some of the more interesting mainstream American films to emerge in recent years. He seems more interested in depicting the simple pleasures of life than anything else and I find that kind of beautiful.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This was...a movie? I thought this was pretty boring. Cooper, Peña, and Fishburne were all wasted. Surprised they even took the roles, especially Cooper.

jkauf likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This was a Hallmark film for old conservative white men

kidwithhelmet, jkauf and Zilla like this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Cooper has been in an Eastwood movie before so they might be tight. Peña and Fishburne probably wanted to be in a film with both Eastwood and Cooper. It’s a shame that such a good cast and, imo, a good director, settled on this story.

jkauf likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Eastwood almost directed A Star is Born

11. Kuri44

This premieres on HBO tonight. Been wanting to check it out