Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Movielife Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 11, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Perfect album, S/T is also extremely good

kyle and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  2. s/t and Avalanche United are still in my listening rotation. Wolverines has a few good songs but overall a blah album.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I love mostly everything Vinnie does, but AvUnited is something special. Vinnie’s voice is by far one of my all time favorites, but that specific album might be one of my very favorites. Classic in all aspects.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Vinnie was on Lead Singer Syndrome this week. He confirmed we should be hearing about the Peace’d Out record very soon, and that they’ve been sitting on the record so long because the label that was going to put it out folded. He and Choi remain very confident in the the record though — apparently it’s very psychedelic and way more experimental than the EP.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

that's insane that we're actually going to get the album, I got kicked in the face at a Peace'd Out concert and that was a long long time ago

Kingjohn_654 and KidLightning like this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I hope they write a song with this title.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Me too..... meeeeee toooo

KidLightning likes this.
  8. The Peace’d Out EP is so damn good. I honestly still listen to it once a week.

trevorshmevor and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. Yeah I got real excited when he started talking about it, rushed in to post before he even got all of the details out haha. He went on to say that he re-recorded vocals on one of the songs a few months ago and basically had refused to put the album out until that was finished. No label has picked it up but he did tak about the possibility of just “dropping it on us one of these days”

He’s also recording a a new solo album in the winter

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. And he did say (via Instagram) there could be new IATA music, too.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I hope we get another Movielife record

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The new Movielife album did absolutely nothing for me

kyle likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I really dug Cities In Search of a Heart. It wasn't as good as 40 Hour Train but I didn't think it would be anyways.

"Ski Mask", "Mercy Is Asleep at the Wheel", "Ghosts in the Photographs", "Lake Superior", and "Laugh Ourselves to Death" are all top tier in my opinion.

I think the next record would be even better since this record was them shaking the dust off IMO.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

How do you know he was on LSS? I checked for an announcement and saw nothing.

15. I’m subscribed to show on Apple Podcasts, looks like it went up on Tuesday!

16. The new Movielife album was bad. I only liked 2 songs.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh damnnnnnn- thanks! :-)

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. The Movielife record was good but still I remain extremely not a fan of the production. There were some really solid cuts on it though and I’d maintain that Ghosts is among Vinnie’s best hooks

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I would agree with this. If they make another record- no disrespect to Brett "The Ratt" Romnes but I would love for them to get a solid Producer for it.

20. irthesteve

The new Movielife album was actually awesome. Not the same as they were years ago, but that's expected

mattylikesfilms and KidLightning like this.
  21. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

This band just has insane lasting power. Saw them live in Philly, Vinny's like the most genuine dude ever. Belted some songs I hadn't heard since I was 16 and now I can't stop going back to them. New album's pretty great too.

Favorite movie life song?

Ship to Shore

22. Vinnie is the best dude.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Vinnie is the best and It’s hard for me to choose a favorite song but Sailor Tattoos is top 3. I’m going to the tour when they stop by SF next month so I’ll wait and see if they play it. I wanna be surprised or let down lol.

How was the merch on this tour? Anything rad?

24. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I looked but don't remember. Think it's the same stuff as on their site. They had bumble bee pins, which were cool but 10 bucks. It's funny as a kid I was always willing to spend 25 bucks on a shirt and as an adult I'm like if it's not 5 or below I just can't do it. My favorite shirt was a movielife shirt that disappeared over the years. They're a band I always feel legitimate/proud about wearing their shirt at whatever concert I'd go to.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

A hardcore project with Sammy Siegler?! This is heaven. I also preordered a shirt and the 7" and if any of y'all are about it - you should too!

Chcurry182 likes this.