Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Movielife Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Movielife are a Long Island based band formed in 1997, broken up in 2003, and reunited in 2014

[​IMG]

Vinnie Caruana (I Am The Avalanche)
    Brandon Reilly (Nightmare of You)
    Dan Navetta
    Phil Navetta
    Evan Baken

Kingjohn_654 and suburban myth like this.
  2. irthesteve

THEY JUST RELEASED A NEW SONG TODAY I had no idea they were even recording new music wtf whoaaaaa

3. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I listened to this a few times earlier this morning, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm kinda lukewarm on it right now.

Awesome to see them back and doing new music along with the reunion shows though.

4. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

New song?! WHAT?!

5. suburban myth

I like this song!

6. irthesteve

I'm just happy with anything. For a comeback song I'll take it, hopefully it leads to more music from them and they can kinda get their style back. This song definitely is a bit.... generic? in a sense, but it's still enjoyable

suburban myth likes this.
  7. suburban myth

I'm glad it sounds like a moveilife song... after that long, their new music could have sounded like... well, anything! I definitely get a movielife vibe from this tune.

8. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I can agree with this. I will say Im interested though in seeing if more music does come from them if they go back and build upon their old style or if they try to evolve. They're all talented guys so seeing how the evolve after years of side projects could be interesting.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just signed to Rise. New album in the Fall

Chcurry182 and t_papaccio like this.
  10. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Hype on this

11. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

New album out this fall!

KidLightning likes this.
  12. irthesteve

oh shit! Finally

KidLightning likes this.
  13. I knew they were recording!

Definitely picking up tickets for the Boston show.

14. I saw them in Boston last weekend and they were playing as a 4 piece and the bassist and drummer were not the original members. Seemed like a Vinnie and Brandon show with a couple guys helping out. And they could have used the second guitar. I wonder who recorded on the new album?

15. Jake Z

Regular

Great band. Stoked for the new record. I just hope it sounds like Movielife and not IATA (which I love also).

16. I think Future Feelings definitely has an IATA vibe to it so it'll be interesting to see what direction they go.

Jake Z likes this.
  17. Jake Z

Regular

Agree 100%. But who knows, with that most likely being a one off, welcome back type song. I think the album will lean more Movielife now that they have had more time to write and record.

18. Vinnie said we should have album info and song premieres soon, so we'll find out soon enough.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

didn't see an I Am The Avalanche thread -figured this the best place to come, they're announcing shows tomorrow, I have a weird feeling it'll be album shows, don't know if it's a tour or just NYC shows.

20. I saw them a couple months ago and they said they were interested in doing album shows. Also, 0.0% chance these shows are outside of NYC, maybe a few hour radius.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They always do NYC shows probably just a few nights out there. Album shows would make me try to go though lol

22. Vinnie said on Instagram that they will definitely release new IATA music again.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

As long as its better than Wolverines I'm in

kyle and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  24. I'm stoked. Avalanche United was one of the best albums to come out of the scene the year it was released. I don't know how accurate it would be to call it pop punk, but that was the one of the best out of that genre's era as well.

kyle likes this.
  25. irthesteve

Avalanche United is really a spectacular album