Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Movielife to Release New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Movielife will be releasing their first album since 2003 later this year on Rise Records. The full press release can be found below, along with some new tour dates.

It’s go time.

The Movielife have signed to Rise Records, joining a roster that includes At The Drive In, The Bouncing Souls, Knuckle Puck, Hot Water Music, PVRIS, Dave Hause and more, and will be releasing their first full-length album since 2003’s seminal “Forty Hour Train Back To Penn” this Fall. The band’s forthcoming release is being recorded at The Barber Shop Studios by Brett Romnes (Crime In Stereo, I Am The Avalanche, Prawn) and will be mixed by Zakk Cervini (Good Charlotte, blink-182, The Used).
    ”Brandon (Reilly) and I have poured every ounce of ourselves into this record.” says Vinnie Caruana, the band’s singer. ”It’s not easy visualizing what a Movielife record would sound like in 2017. We wrote and wrote and wrote, and got to an amazing place. This is not a comeback record; this is something truly special. This album is a project we are both immensely proud of and can’t wait to share it with the world. Full steam ahead.”

The band have also just announced a handful of intimate headlining shows this May in Boston, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Long Island. Tickets for these shows go on sale this Friday, March 31st, at 12pm EDT

Thursday, May 4 @ Kung Fu Necktie in Philadelphia
    Friday, May 5 @ Brooklyn Bazaar in Brooklyn
    Saturday, May 6 @ Great Scott in Boston
    Sunday, May 7 @ Amityville Music Hall in Amityville, Long Island
    Saturday, May 27 @ SLAM DUNK in Birmingham UK
    Sunday, May 28 @ SLAM DUNK in Leeds UK
    Monday, May 29 @ SLAM DUNK in Hatfield UK

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Rise is killllling it.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. solxace

oh word?

YES

4. amazing times

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Never thought that I'd be so lucky to have a new Movielife album in my life.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. Ham Boy

:thumbup:

7. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Were there any hints toward this? I feel like this (delightfully) came from out of nowhere.

8. Yeah baby

9. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

They released a brand new track a few months ago, but yeah, I don't remember Vinnie or other members hinting at the possibility of a new release. Anyway, this is great news.

10. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Interesting they're using Zakk Cervini as the mixer, he's basically Feldman's protege.

11. bloodinthesand

Regular

Rise records is swimming in the money

12. 100% in

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Wild

14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Words I never thought I would read.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

To say I'm excited doesn't even scratch the surface- I'm fucking beyond anything I could ever put into words. I love this band and 40 Hour Train Back to Penn is one of my all time favorite records. I cherish the vinyl copy I have.

16. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Helllllllll yeahhhhh!

17. noKings

Regular

Woah

18. shea

RIP Supporter

Whoa

19. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Really pumped for this, just hoping the vocals sound more "Movielifeish" and less "IATAish". The single last year was okay but sounded more like an Avalanche song than Movielife to me..........but any new music from them will be awesome regardless.

20. robb

Regular

Yeah, I love that band so much, but couldn't get into the single.

Raspy Vinnie just doesn't really do it for me.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  21. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

totally agree

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I am down for new Movielife. I also like Rise's model. Step 1: Get money from shitty metalcore. Step 2: Sign the bands you actually want on your label. Step 3: Go into the pit.

rxbandit89 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I hated Future Feeling at first too but it definitely grew on me and now I love it. However I agree, less raspy Vinnie is better.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They did some reunion shows on the East Coast and put out a single last year but it was self released and barely noticed unless you follow them on social media.

25. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I was so shocked they did a show in Virginia Beach of all places NY, NJ, PA - expected... but VA Beach? Either way, I was ecstatic and bought my tickets literally the MINUTE they went on sale.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 'raspy Vinnie' is just... Vinnie.

This record and Chon's will probably be my two most anticipated of the year.