Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Movielife - Cities In Search of A Heart (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JaytotheGee, May 23, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Live at PASTE right now with some acoustic cuts

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Feels like we've been waiting for this record for so damn long

Only like 2 weeks left!

Kingjohn_654 and KidLightning like this.
  3. Cmoney86

Trusted

This leaked drip drip

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Leaked in poor quality will wait for Friday.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Can't wait to hear this thing in full. Honestly, I wasn't too big on the two new songs they've released, but I'm kind of like that with all of Vinnie's projects. I'm always indifferent at first and then they manage to latch on to me at some point and I end up loving just about everything he puts out.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Threw this on for my drive to work this morning. Only got about halfway through, actually like it a lot so far but I am really not digging this production at all haha. It sounds hyper compressed to me and the drums sound like... fake? Also when I heard the first single a few months ago I was impressed with how good Vinnie sounded, but listening to more of these songs, the pitch correction is a little too noticeable. A lot of the harmonies sound really computerized to me.

The songs are dope so far though, Ghost In The Photographs is stuck in my head after one listen. Classic Movielife!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there just a low quality version of the album out so far?

teebs41 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the leak is awful quality, I highly recommend avoiding it

irthesteve and KidLightning like this.
  9. irthesteve

Yeah, there's a reason I wait for HQ files/albums before giving anything a listen

truelovewaits and teebs41 like this.
  10. trevorshmevor Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2023)
    It's 128 which is not great, so yeah I am jumping to conclusions on the compression comment. I don't think a higher bitrate will drastically change it but it probably will improve. But as far as the pitch perfection vocal correction and bad drum sounds.... I doubt bitrate is gonna fix that.

11. If it's something I'm like exponentially excited for I won't listen unless it's a HQ leak. But for stuff like this, where I'm interested but already know it's not an album that's gonna like, change my life or anything, I'll listen as long as it's not lower than 128. I'm mostly looking for the songwriting, and that can pretty much always get across. 128 is not unlistenable imo, and I'll pick up the better files when they surface.

12. irthesteve

128 isn't "unlistenable," but if you are listening to music at 128 then it's not really fair to comment on production quality.

airik625, truelovewaits and teebs41 like this.
  13. trevorshmevor Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2023)
    Fair

Just finished the record, they captured the nostalgic essence of The Movielife better than I thought they would. Definitely does not just sound like an IATA record to me

teebs41 likes this.
  14. congruence

Got a light?

Just finished my first listen, quality wasn't distracting or anything really but I don't blame people for holding out. Not sure people will enjoy this if they didn't enjoy the singles, "Ghosts" was still the standout for me here, the opener and closer are both cool too and actually feel like opening and closing tracks unlike a lot of pop punk albums these days

trevorshmevor and teebs41 like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm looking forward to my first listen of this album. I really liked the first two songs released. Reminded me of The Early November a little.

KidLightning likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Vinnie's last solo album had some cool songs. Hoping there's some Ship to Shore kinda goodness in here.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Okay. This album is so awesome. Solid record. Many parts of this album reminds me of The Early November, Joyce Manor, and dare I say it...old school Brand New.

I am very pleased with this. I gotta see these guys live.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

so far pretty much what i expected it to be, which is just fine. a little grittier than an IATA record and some real jams. i dont know how often ill come back to it but i will probably put this on the next few times i go running.

19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This is pretty darn good! I'm still in love with "Ghosts in the Photographs"; love the guitar tone and the melody.

Kingjohn_654 and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Fun record!

I have only listened through once so far, but it was really cool. I need to learn all of the songs before I see them in October.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Ok, this is really fuckin good. I've liked all of the songs, but once it got to "Pour Two Glasses", I was sold.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. I'm getting more of a Vinnie solo vibe than TML.

Furman likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The record is fine but it doesn’t really feel like a Movielife record aside from a few tracks like “You’re The Cure”, the unfortunately short “Laugh Ourselves to Death”, “Mercy”, and “Blood Moon”. Hopefully it grows on me more over a few more listens.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the album cover says movielife so this is what the movielife sound like..