Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Movielife - 40 Hour Train/Gambling Problem Tour 2019 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by mynamesgeneric, Dec 10, 2018.

1. mynamesgeneric

Regular

48266678_944157019107519_6737766087749795840_n.jpg

2. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Down for this. Interesting it doesn't really seem to coincide with any anniversaries for these albums but I suppose that's not a requirement anymore...

Assuming the opener is just Travis playing Piebald songs acoustic?

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Absolutely 100% in for this. Buying tickets for the Roxy show in LA the second they go on sale.

4. This band loves to skip Minnesota

5. I hope they have two guitarists this tour. The last tour only bad Brandon and I thought the show suffered for it.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

So fucking stoked

Emokid79 likes this.
  7. You guys should all come to the Utah show so you can see them at a super tiny ass place!

Kingjohn_654 and GEM37 like this.
  8. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Interesting, they had a full band the last two times I saw them in Austin. I don't think they'd do these albums dirty like that though.

9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Seattle’s not much better, friend. It seems like they’re deliberately trying to play as small as possible on this tour.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Possible 15 year anniversary for 40 Hour Train Back To Penn (2003).

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Which would have been 2018.

12. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

It's technically a 20 year for "It's Go Time", but I don't think they play anything from that anymore.

13. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

But they had a new record to push this year. Would've been odd to set that aside for an anniversary tour seeing how they only booked one North American tour this year.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

OK. Sure. But you said it's a 15-year tour. When it's not 15 years later, it's not a 15-year tour.

It's not anything besides a "come see us play the songs you actually care about" tour.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fine with me lol

DerekIsAGooner and koryoreo like this.
  16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Bands have bills to pay, and these songs still mean a lot to me. The thought of seeing them all played makes me really happy, and I'm more than willing to pay to see it.

kman22 likes this.
  17. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

If they were doing 'This Time Next Year' I'd be in

kyle likes this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they do an encore with a few songs from the new record, I really love that thing.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think they'll do a few TTNY songs and probably Mercy Is Asleep At The Wheel

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That would make sense. The album and ep are only, what, 17 songs total? Not a small amount, but probably enough to do a small encore.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I just went to put them together on a playlist to see total length and found out Gambling Problem isn't on Spotify anymore :(

22. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I think they at least played "Once In A Row" on the tour with The Early November last year and have been playing "I Hope You Die Soon" forever.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. dubey

Regular

Tell me about it. Tickets for Toronto cost $26 before fees

I'll pay it but I don't think they're going to sell many at that price

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Any other Portlanders know what's going on? I swear to god if we get fucked on another amazing show...

Edit: Never mind, tix are up on eTix!

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This starts this week. Would love to see travis’s setlist.

Morgan likes this.