Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Movielife – “Ghost in the Photographs”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ooooo I really loved this track.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

not bad, I enjoyed the previous song a bit better

4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Love It!

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

2/2 - stoked for this record to come out!

6. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Ok, so this and the last song are great songs... but it just isn't the same pop punk band that I always considered my favorite. These sound more like great IATA songs rather than the movielife. I understand they are older dudes and want to write how they feel now, I just wish it was a little harder/faster. I might get shit for feeling this way, but that's my opinion.

7. terps12

Regular

I feel like all of Vinnie's stuff these days sounds the same to me. Wolverines, his solo LP, and this so far -- significantly less fast paced or aggressive than old Movielife or the first two IATA LPs.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm sure there will be some more aggressive tracks on the record. I mean the ending of "Mercy Is Asleep At The Wheel" shows they still got it in them!

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

His work sounds similar but I really like his vocal delivery. Always have.

10. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Peace'd Out showed he still had some aggression left

11. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Yeah, I'm hoping so

12. terps12

Regular

Didn't that come out in 2012? Which I guess would explain the aggression, as it was right after Avalanche United. Just feel like the stuff released since that era has lacked much of a punch.

13. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Yeah true, that was 5 years ago. I just meant it was since the Movielife's split.