Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Most Famous Band Formed Each Year Since 1951

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alison O’Brien, writing for Pretty Famous:

PrettyFamous, an entertainment research site by Graphiq, found the most famous band formed each year since 1951. To do this, they created a customized Band Score on a scale of 1 to 100 based on a weighted average of a band’s Wikipedia page views in the last 30 days, page views of album releases and total number of Spotify followers.

Some fun ones: Brand New (2000), Fall Out Boy (2001), ABBA (1972), and Pink Floyd (1965).

2. transrebel59 Aug 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2016)
    transrebel59

Regular

I feel like Zac Brown Band and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are bigger than Brand New. I also feel like The Killers are bigger than FOB, at minimum, they've sold way more records.

Edit: Didn't read how they compiled results.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Brand New: 2000-2018

Dan O'Neill and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

yeah it's mostly based on the fact if the band stood the test of time, whereas there might have been much bigger bands than them etc., so most of them are up so high because of latest activities, like for example 21 Pilots, they have smashing new singles, it's no wonder they're more popular now then other bands that formed that very same year as them.

5. DooDooBird

Trusted

Wow. This is stupid.

Raku likes this.
  6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Why do you think so? It's just for fun, something to see out of curiosity, they don't do any awards or what.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. DooDooBird

Trusted

I just don't like how they compiled the results. Based on wiki views over the past 30 days? Meh. I mean, it was cool to see the years a lot of these bands originated... but once it hits the 2000s, it just becomes obscure.

Raku likes this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

so, according to their band scores, RHCP are the most famous band ever?

Raku likes this.
  9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

The Beatles are less famous than Queen or Red Hot Chili Peppers or I'm out on this list? lol

It's probably because they're not on Spotify or whatever but that's super fucking dumb

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, but they are on Spotify already as far as I remember ;) however, those scores are just for 30 days or so, not like "ever".