Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Moderators • Page 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

ChrisCantWrite and Aaron Mook like this.
  2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Political forum is so hard to manage. Like at what point is it not a discussion of differing opinions and becomes more attacks on each other?

3. When people start calling each other idiots

4. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

There should have a task force called Murderators, like a moderator, but they get to murder people, but like metaphorically. or literally, we may never know.:eh:

5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

nvm don't take this idea. This is gonna be a band name probably

coleslawed likes this.
  6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

scott likes this.
  7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I was on a board that had a secret organization like that It got very toxic eventually especially when it all leaked.

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

If you need more moderation in Entertainment, I'd be happy to help out again, take on a more active role.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sorry, I feel like this has been glossed over - you were part of a secret organization that essentially used hitmen?

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

No but they would 'destroy' people the didn't like.

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i want a job where the only thing i'm allowed to do is change thread titles and add headers
    i'm way too anal about those, i'd literally make every one of those in the music forum perfect
    need...perfect...formatting

coleslawed likes this.
  13. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

So, a group of butthurt douches essentially? I hope they got their comeuppance!

14. cwhit

since the other thread is locked, i think record labels in album thread titles are important, some people will be lured in more by the record label rather than a band they don't know

GettingSodas likes this.
  15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

we collectively decided on that title formatting to make it simple and easy to read (esp since there's a character limit so that's difficult for longer titles), and to include the record label in the OP instead. i just edited the thread for including record label info.

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Is this policing of album threads for real? Record labels are as important as the release date. Many people will click on a thread simply because they recognize the label but may not be familiar with the artist. And having every thread's OP being practically identical? So we need to remember a bunch of guidelines any time we want to share or start discussion surrounding an album? Seems highly unnecessary and pushes further away from a sense of freedom within the forums.

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I sort of agree with this but at what point does it become to much of an eyesore. My solution is to have a record label thread and you can post album release threads for that record label in it.

18. cwhit

i think some continuity in format is good, but sometimes more information is helpful. like same date format makes sense! album - title, etc. but as i said, record label definitely draws someone in

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I don't disagree with you on that point. But I missed the discussion or move to adding in the dates to album threads due to being on vacation. It was somewhat jarring to see it in the title and to me at least from a design standpoint made me glaze over threads more.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

dates in thread names are something i wanted. they're great and it makes it easy to skim through the music forum to find recent or upcoming albums.

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The mods discussed the thread formatting to great length and made, what we thought collectively, was the right decision.

We went back after Casey pointed out the label thing, and decided to put it in the OP. Thread titles have a character limit, and sometimes the label will not fit anyways. This format creates a cleaner look that doesn't clutter.

If you have a problem with it, that's fine, not everyone can be pleased. It's not "policing" threads, it's moderating and that's what we are tasked to do as mods. Nothing we are doing is keeping freedom out of the forum, or whatever other stance you want to take. Jason created this website with a clean design and we just want to keep that going with a clean, cohesive look to the forums, something AP always lacked.

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I do slack. I had never even heard of it til Eda. It's good to keep up with friends too.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Did we ever set up Slack for us? One of my favorite things about this is that the OP is still unfinished.

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Not that I know of

25. Soon!

lightning13 and Garrett L. like this.