Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jason Tate Feb 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2023)
    Here are the current staff/moderators for the forums. We encourage everyone to use the "report" option that is available on all posts and profiles if they have an issue with a specific post or member. If there are other issues that need to be discussed, hopefully this list will help you find the correct person to reach out to.

Staff Members
    Site Moderators

If you are interested in becoming a moderator for a forum, please reach out to Jason and explain why you think you'd be a good fit, for what forum, and some information about yourself. We're looking for people that truly understand our forum rules and code of conduct and want to help make this forum a great community. We like to reward and promote long term posters into our moderator ranks and encourage those that frequent the forums and believe they can be fair and a good fit to reach out.

2. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Member 14 reporting for duty

Marzeid and Greg Robson like this.
  3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be willing to mod that forum in some capacity, if needed. That's where I spend a good chunk of my time anyways.

4. That's really not a bad idea ... for sports.

5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I think a mod for each sport is definitely a good idea. Like Garrett would be great but he only posts in soccer afaik

SomedayTheFire likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

agreed, but he posts in soccer and college football.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh, thanks guys!

8. Im available for tech or podcasting forums. Apart from new music threads, I see myself hanging there most frequently.

9. Wharf Rat Mar 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2016)
    Wharf Rat

make me a mod for my jazz thread so i can ban people who say jazz is boring

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  10. Wharf Rat

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

They wouldn't dare

Wharf Rat likes this.
  12. So yeah, I think it's definitely time to start thinking more about moderators.

Not only for the board in general, but I really love the idea of having different moderators for each forum itself.

Like sports, music, entertainment, etc. — I think that helps so people know who to go to to talk about something that's an issue, or that can have "reported posts" assigned to them to deal with.

ianebaldwin, AelNire, Sophos and 2 others like this.
  13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Sports forum needs some extreme tlc this time around

14. Exactly. I definitely want that figured out before too many people start coming to it.

15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I agree with the previously mentioned idea of having specific mods for each forum, and especially where those mods hang out. If a person spends a majority of their time in the politics forum, then they will already be privy to stuff that goes on in there, so on and so forth.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. 100% seems like the best way to go about it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Another idea may be to have the code of conduct and forum rules posted in the specific forums (sports and politics especially) for those that never leave that part of the site, and recognize the moderators for that particular forum. That way everyone knows who to contact and who is watching.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. RedViolinist88

classical music junky Supporter

I think you need a Classical forum...just sayin'.

Jason Tate and Wharf Rat like this.
  19. Very good idea. Basically combine the CoC thread with one like this and sticky it.

20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

have you ever heard pet sounds or thriller

fame, FTank, Nick and 1 other person like this.
  21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I think this is a very good idea.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm going to be working the Entertainment forum since I basically live there and the wrestling thread.

US Camera, Garrett L. and Chris Yates like this.
  23. RedViolinist88

classical music junky Supporter

I have heard both Pet Sounds and Thriller...and my iTunes library contains music by the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Queen. I just happen to be a classical violinist and perform and listen to a lot of music by Bach and Beethoven.

24. Thanks now I got a text message 'bout this. :up:

;-p

25. :laptop: Making music with laptops.

Pushing buttons. :rock: