Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mitchells Vs The Machines (Netflix, April 30, 2021) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 20, 2020.

1. soggytime

Trusted

This movie is something special. I love that the directing team were Gravity Falls writers.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I absolutely adored this movie. Such a bold vision, executed beautifully with an all-star voice cast and a story that deftly mixes heart and humor. I could see where some could be turned off by the frantic nature of it, but I was sold from the jump. (Kicking off with a Los Campesinos! needle drop helped, I admit.)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
    x Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

sawhney[rusted]2 and soggytime like this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is utterly delightful and confident

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Watched this with the kids tonight and liked it quite a bit.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This ruled so much, wife and I were crying laughing at the furby sequence really bummed this is likely gonna get buried on Netflix, haven’t seen any promotion for it.

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This was absolutely wonderful. Loved every second. Thought for sure Katie’s crush on Jade would be subtext but teared up at the confirmation at the end

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This was a lot of fun

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

after watching the Dough-a-thon all weekend, I can't help but imagine Mr. Slice and his mum battling Terminators or something every time I see this thread pop up

9. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Loved this so much. Didn't really have any expectations and just had a smile on my face for 2 hours.

soggytime and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  10. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

terrific flick. shame wasn't seen on a big ass screen. every frame felt so alive.

Brent, solxace, soggytime and 3 others like this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Wow. I assumed it was going to be bad because it was relegated to Netflix but jeez what a good movie. I laughed so hard at the mall sequence.

solxace, soggytime, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

blast0rama likes this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Shockingly good. The Furby scene fucking killed me.

14. Bane

The spiciest meme

Just finished it, immensely enjoyed it. Really REALLY fun and cute, and god the amount of animation flourishes throughout. Honestly enjoyed it more than most recent Disney/Pixar outings.

And it seems like it's doing well enough, #1 on the Top 10 trending on Netflix

15. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Fell asleep during this but loved what I saw. Gonna finish it today sometime

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This was so great. My son loved it too, and I’m so excited knowing he’ll wanna watch this now instead of the same Pixar movies he’s obsessed with. I can only take so much Cars/Dory/Wreck It etc

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also I laughed really hard at the mule tour cutaway gag.

Brent and chewbacca110 like this.
  18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

THIS!!! Loved how they just confidently addressed it, yet it never felt forced.

19. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

20. flask

Trusted Supporter

The Furby scene alone makes this one of the best movies of the year.

21. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Wife and I watched this with our kids tonight and they loved it. Movie was great and yeah that cutaway gag to the mule tour was some hilariously dark humor.

22. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Impressively this has been #1 on Netflix all week

23. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This blew my expectations out of the water. I hate when animated movies sacrifice good comedy to try and cater to the youths but they don't really ever do that here and pretty much all the bits worked for me. Animation here is top notch too, I love the combo of 2d/3d elements and the way they just threw in random graphics on screen the whole movie as if Katie was the director of the movie.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This was very good!

RyanPm40 likes this.