Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mineral Girls Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Oh the "violent" and/or weird stories I could tell of the years I've known Brett. haha It seems every time I see him I get a new one. Glad to see he hasn't changed too much in adulthood.

cwhit likes this.
  2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I mean, idk, maybe he has a bit. He really didn't wanna punch Vince when the idea was first proposed. Vince just kept asking and turning down every other idea lol. He said "I'm so sorry" for about a minute straight after lol.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Haha, I would've felt bad too. I love Brett. One of the weirdest people I've ever known, but I have nothing negative I could say about him. Even after like, 8-10 years of knowing him. Side note: I'm really glad you're in Mineral Girls, and that the band seems to be something that will last for a good bit. I genuinely love every song you've done with the band and it seems to just keep getting better.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  4. Finally copped/listened to the new 7"

Skeleton Dad is so damn good

5. nohandstoholdonto

I posted the last Blanket Fort EP in here when it came out last year and remember someone liking it so I figured I'd let y'all know they put out another one. For those unaware, Brett sings and plays guitar in this band, Vince plays bass, and Bo White (Cozy Body producer) plays lead guitar.

https://blanketfortforever.bandcamp.com/album/usb-

As far as mineral girls news goes, we've mostly been focusing on writing the new album, which I'd say we should be done doing in a month or so. Once that's done, we plan to do some extensive demoing to prepare for studio time we booked with Very Tight studios in Pittsburgh at the beginning of April. We're really hoping to have it out before the end of 2017, im hoping for a fall release because it feels like a fall album to me idk lol. Anyway, hopefully we'll be touring some in the summer and then even more extensively when the album comes out. We just kinda have to see what the response is to it, I guess.

Love y'all, stay safe in this awful world.

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I feel so dumb not realizing you were in this band. I saw the tag under your avi and literally thought you were just super into this band...Even after seeing your name in liner notes on Bandcamp I didn't connect it. Jesus.

The 7" and Cozy Body are incredible. Hope to catch you on tour if you're in the vicinity of Atlanta or Athens GA!

7. nohandstoholdonto

lol that's funny! It's kinda cool tho that you found us without knowing I was a part of the band, I think most people around here only know of us bc I'm in it.

Anyway, thanks! Super proud of both of those releases still. The stuff we're writing now is pretty different from CB or the 7", I'm hoping people aren't turned off by it. And yeah, we played in Athens when we toured Spring of last year, and we'd love to come back or play Atlanta, one or the other. :)

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'm preeeetty sure I found you all through Tumblr but it could've possibly been back on absolutepunk.
    I remember that, I didn't have my car or money to get anyone to take me :( if you guys don't make it to Georgia, I wouldn't mind trekking out of state as long as I don't have class/hella hw. Road tripping for shows is fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. nohandstoholdonto

:)

US Camera, jordalsh, Nick and 5 others like this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Do you still have summer tour plans like you mentioned a bit back? That might be a bit away / might be secret, I was jw

11. nohandstoholdonto

Kinda up in the air atm tbh. I just started a new job and between recording and the shows we have in May I'm already taking a lot of time off, plus all the money we have and then some is going to recording so it could be a bit longer before we have the funds to tour. That said, we all really want to at some point soon. If not in the summer, we'll almost definitely do something around the time of the album's release (whenever that may be).

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  12. nohandstoholdonto

we finished recording the album today, I don't wanna say too much but I will say that I love it and I don't think I've ever been more proud of anything in my life.

oh also, it's gonna be called "this is the last time every time"

13. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ahhhhhhhhhhh most anticipated 2017.

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Bet it sucks

15. SO SO SO EXCITED

16. nohandstoholdonto

nah, it makes literally everything else we've put out seem like it sucks in comparison

cwhit likes this.
  17. cwhit

so it's just bad compared to your other trash right????

;)

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Hype hype hype

Oh my God is that even a word though I've been staring at it so long

19. nohandstoholdonto

y r u being mean pal

cwhit likes this.
  20. cwhit