Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Midnight Release Amazon Original EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Midnight have released the new EP, Horror Show, on Amazon Music.

The Midnight explains Horror Show:

Through the process of making the album art for MONSTERS and thinking about the ephemera in a teenager’s bedroom, we began to ask ourselves questions about the television. What was that shadowy figure coming out of the static screen?

The world of late night television that I remember from my teenage years was much older than the era in which I grew up. The Twilight Zone. The black and white Universal Monster films from the 50s and 60s. Plan 9 From Outer Space. That world of intrigue seemed so much more romantic and timeless through adolescent eyes. More than the rise of big budget horror movies, that quiet era of Creature From The Black Lagoon, House on Haunted Hill, and Plan 9 From Outer Space did far more to inform me about the darkness and strangeness in the human condition, than did the more brutal and gory films that would come later. It was those films you just stumbled upon, that you couldn’t look away from- the Kurosawa films, Hitchcock, the melodramas of shows like Dark Shadows.

This is our little homage to the eerie romance of the stumbled upon late night black and white horror film.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. ctigers92

Exclusively on Amazon Prime? This is the first time I've seen an exclusive release through a streaming platform. Major bummer.

3. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

This EP is the shit!!

4. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

ctigers92 likes this.