Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mid-Late 2000s Pop Rock/Pop Punk Nostalgia Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 31, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

lol i found out about this band because at warped tour the band was just chilling around and playing acoustically around for small groups of people and handing out CDs, warped tour was so weird.

2. cwhit

i actually like whisper war a lot more than the follow up. such a fun album. the EP they put out was good too

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Whisper War never hooked me as a full album, I thought it had a handful of great songs plus lots of filler.

4. cwhit

high hopes in velvet ropes and i'm a wonder are the only two i never liked at all. one of those nights is THAT JAM though. listening through some of this stuff now and the songs i remember as standouts actually end up blending a little more than i remember. ian was totally my favorite guitarist at this point too hahha

5. cwhit

this song and a few others on this album hold up very well

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

heh, maybe I'll give the album another spin. I really liked Bounce, I'll Run, Zzzz, and Vegas Skies. And maybe This City Is Contagious, don't know if I have that title right

Oh yeah and Take My Hand is good. Don't think I like High Hopes at all

7. cwhit

that 70's song is a BOP

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  8. cwhit

oh god this song is so petty

JRGComedy and troyplaysbass like this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Artist vs. Poet. A Rocket To The Moon. We Shot The Moon. Haven't listened to some of these bands in ages.

10. does Rookie of the Year count? if so...

KidLightning likes this.
  11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

troyplaysbass and cwhit like this.
  12. cwhit

god northern virginia was a pop rock hotbed in the late 2000s, lol. downtown fiction, bigger lights, friday night boys, etc etc etc.

also this band reminded me of this one

ChiliTacos likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

lmao

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

omg yesss i literally just threw away my old making april cd hahaha.

cwhit likes this.
  15. cwhit

i got a copy of their last CD after they broke up i think because the dude was at a show just giving them out i think? lol

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  17. cwhit

their second album is actually really good, hah. huge step up from this one.

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

My American Heart tho

19. I love this thread.

I've got great memories of seeing so many of these bands in high school. There were a couple guys older than me who would book stuff from this scene at coffee shops and stuff all the time.

This Providence was my favorite band for a few years and Our World's Divorce and the first half of the self-titled are still fun to revisit. Same with the Waking Ashland discography (and to a lesser extent We Shot the Moon) and the My Favorite Highway EPs. Someone in high school borrowed my copies of those and never gave them back, and I'm pretty sure there's no way to buy those now.

I loved that Making April EP, but this song from the album is so ridiculous:

Also, it sort of blew my mind when I found out that Smallpools is just a superband of people from this era.

20. I still listen to This Day and Age pretty often.

21. CoffeeEyes17

So for some reason my phone didn't send the rest of my message in this post so whoops

What I was going to say was "lmao I used to dig that band so much" in regards to There For Tomorrow lol

cwhit likes this.
  22. cwhit

I thought this was just a shots fired after my Venetia fair thread post hahahaha

23. CoffeeEyes17

Nah lol I get it as far as not really liking that band or feeling like it doesn't hold up. I literally just discovered them last night so I'm all about it but I love that creepy gothic pop rock shit anyways

cwhit likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

Mayday Parade was my other obsession around this time period

25. cwhit

Jason kills it at the end of the Callahan song I posted