Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mid-Late 2000s Pop Rock/Pop Punk Nostalgia Thread

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 31, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Since I feel like this conversation comes up wayyyyyy too often and I love reminiscing about these small bands from the purevolume days, let's keep it to one thread and maybe I can get into random gushing conversations over old forgotten purevolume bands

supernovagirl and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Thanks for making this thread. Looks like I've got some homework tonight after work.

3. cwhit

honestly all i need to do is go look at my old website in 2009 and i could go on for hours

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. cwhit

you can't fucking stop me

5. cwhit

also this was my favorite band from like 2009 to 2013 they still hold up for me truly

my favorite songs off both of the full lengths aren't on youtube and i'm really sad about that

supernovagirl and JRGComedy like this.
  6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

ayyy

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

One time I listened to the Artist vs Poet album exclusively for one whole week.

cwhit likes this.
  8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I used to love their song Remember When. I'll have to go listen to them again

9. cwhit

wait, the album? not even the EP?

lol so many of these bands put out EPs i was so hyped about and then the albums kind of blew, even for me in 2009

10. cwhit

it might be the nostalgia getting me but i genuinely think all their stuff holds up. even the 2011 album that really bummed me out at the time ended up growing on me, definitely far less accessible but musically their most interesting. the EP in 2014 was fine but i was very out of them at that point but it still wasn't unlistenable.

don't like maika's new band at all though

bachna84 likes this.
  11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yes, Favorite Fix. I vividly remember listening to only that album from the Tuesday it came out until the next Tuesday, when new albums dropped. I was extremely in love with the EP before that though.

I used to fuck so heavily with so many bands you've posted in here. While I dislike or probably dislike most of it at this point, these bands probably played a big role in developing my acceptance and eventual love of more straight pop music.

cwhit likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked Holiday Parade for a while in high school. Haven't heard of any of the other bands in this thread.

14. cwhit

yup, 100% the same. this phase began my discovery into looking at music deeper than stuff on the radio, i absolutely wouldn't have been so passionate about music if i hadn't gone off the deep end looking for more of this sort of stuff. not to mention it's always interesting going through all this and seeing what actually holds up.

15. cwhit

lol

also you might be into a few of them from the first post especially, time tells all should have been huge, that same sort of poppy all time low with perfect myspace status lyrics, with we got more than that one EP

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

A Change of Pace's album Prepare the Masses was huge for me too. That one actually still holds up pretty well.

zmtr, Chcurry182 and cwhit like this.
  17. cwhit

THIS SONG!!!!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. cwhit

oh god this one too!!!! and they covered don't stop believing on their album lol

Chcurry182 likes this.
  19. cwhit

sorry guys i'm mostly using this thread as a place to post these songs so they're all in one place rather than having to remember all of them every time this conversation comes up (which is regularly and i love it)

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

cwhit likes this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw some praise for This Providence recently, so I checked out Who Are You Now? for the first time and thought it was really bad.

22. cwhit

oh god this band!!! i got into them a little later when i was looking back more (so like 2010ish)

this one wins for me

also the dude's more recent band had some jams too

i actually think that album might be one of the best in the entire fueled by ramen discography, at least in that time period

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw multiple people say that, so I was kinda confused that I could barely get through it.

24. cwhit

of the bigger bands, this providence, the cab, and every avenue definitely hold up far more than most of the others from this period. still hold such a soft spot for all of them

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The Cab's second album is really good. Every Avenue's last couple are solid too